Tom Sawyer Slowed Down

It's fun to watch the big run down the toms in the middle. He doesn't start on the 6" and skips the second 12" tom. I never knew that. Kinda neat watching him do that since I always thought it was the most clever/difficult fill of the song. It should be easy just running straight 16ths, but he found a way to make it interesting. Cool

It's fun to watch the big run down the toms in the middle. He doesn't start on the 6" and skips the second 12" tom. I never knew that. Kinda neat watching him do that since I always thought it was the most clever/difficult fill of the song. It should be easy just running straight 16ths, but he found a way to make it interesting. Cool

Back at the time, he tuned his 12" concert tom lower than his 12" double headed tom, and he stated in the MD at some point that if he was going down his toms, he always skipped one of the 12" due to the tuning difference.

Back at the time, he tuned his 12" concert tom lower than his 12" double headed tom, and he stated in the MD at some point that if he was going down his toms, he always skipped one of the 12" due to the tuning difference.
Funny you mention that... I do have a recollection of reading that somewhere. MD back in the '80s, I'd guess. That's the first time I've noticed him doing it, though.

Back