DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 02-10-2012, 11:20 PM

Default Cajon help!

Hey drummers, I have a question about cajons. First of all, I find it very difficult to find relevant information about them. So far, the best thing about this is that I can use it as a chair. The tone really sucks! There is this constant buzzing more so when I hit the "snare" opposed to the bass. I pretty much have this thing as tight as it can go both with the screw driver and the allan wrench options and it still buzzes. The strings are pretty tight against the wood too.
Also, the snare tone never sounds as good as any videos i've heard and it's frustrating. Can anyone tell me the proper way to tune the thing and are there any decent videos about technique? Thanks for any advice...maybe I'll just stick to drum set.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Cajon help!

What brand and model did you buy?

GJS
Old 02-11-2012, 09:12 PM

Its a Meinl but I'm not too sure. A friend gave it to me as a gift and I think it was for around 200 bucks sorry can't elaborate
Old 02-23-2012, 08:17 PM

Hello, I am a woodworker and drummer. My frustration with the sound quality of most cajons out there inspired me to make some that I am really proud of. I build cajons that are
melodic percussion instruments and quality pieces of cabinetry. Yes, this may be a shameless plug, but please give them a listen. My youtube channel is mediumsizedog. Please use decent speakers or headphones and let me know what you think. MSD