DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-10-2012, 08:43 PM
johnbarnesiii johnbarnesiii is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 173
Default Which Electronic Drums Are These??

Hello, what brand/model of electronic drums is this guy playing? Please see 14:03 where it zooms out a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5flkor318Mw

I like the all-chrome hardware as opposed to the plastic tube look.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-10-2012, 08:52 PM
sticks4drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which Electronic Drums Are These??

Those are Yamaha XPpads. The cymbals sound terrible!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-10-2012, 08:53 PM
johnbarnesiii johnbarnesiii is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 173
Default Re: Which Electronic Drums Are These??

thanks for the help... so I looked at the pads themselves but I was referring more to the chrome hardware. is the whole kit mounted to chrome hardware? does the hardware come as a kit or is it just regular drum hardware pieced together?
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-10-2012, 08:55 PM
sticks4drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which Electronic Drums Are These??

You would think that he had the best sounds picked for this video thought. Who knows. I wouldn't of put up this video until they had better sounds. This set electronic drums backwards. My roland cymbals sounded better 25 years ago. They are nice clean looking pads though. I like the feel of the new Yamaha. My Roland mesh are pretty bouncy.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-10-2012, 09:03 PM
scorch whammin's Avatar
scorch whammin scorch whammin is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Savannah, GA USA
Posts: 1,025
Default Re: Which Electronic Drums Are These??

Those cymbals are the new gen 16 hybrid cymbals from Zildjian. They are an acoustic cymbal (very low acoustic noise) that have individual mics under each cymbal…these mics plug into a zidjian DSP engine (module) that then takes the sound generated and puts out an enhanced cymbal sound…the jury is still out on these..great idea, but I think it needs a little more work…that being said…e-cymbals are generally one of the weak links on an e-kit...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-10-2012, 09:05 PM
sticks4drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which Electronic Drums Are These??

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorch whammin View Post
Those cymbals are the new gen 16 hybrid cymbals from Zildjian. They are an acoustic cymbal (very low acoustic noise) that have individual mics under each cymbal…these mics plug into a zidjian DSP engine (module) that then takes the sound generated and puts out an enhanced cymbal sound…the jury is still out on these..great idea, but I think it needs a little more work…that being said…e-cymbals are generally one of the weak links on an e-kit...
Hey Scorch. Those things sound terrible compared to what you and I are already playing. Think they should of waited a bit before releasing don't you think?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-10-2012, 09:08 PM
scorch whammin's Avatar
scorch whammin scorch whammin is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Savannah, GA USA
Posts: 1,025
Default Re: Which Electronic Drums Are These??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
Hey Scorch. Those things sound terrible compared to what you and I are already playing. Think they should of waited a bit before releasing don't you think?
Yea Sticks probably…I think you can tweak them some and make them sound better..but I do think they need some work…I was really hoping these would be "all that"..but there not quite there yet…hopefully Zildjian doesn't give up on it and continues to improve the product, cause I think there's a market for it...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-10-2012, 09:10 PM
sticks4drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which Electronic Drums Are These??

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorch whammin View Post
Yea Sticks probably…I think you can tweak them some and make them sound better..but I do think they need some work…I was really hoping these would be "all that"..but there not there yet…hopefully Zildjian doesn't give up on it and continues to improve the product, cause I think there's a market for it...
Well Roland or Yamaha should pic up on it, and they could make it work. They have the know how! Zildjian will be just outsourcing everything to electronic companies.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-10-2012, 09:46 PM
johnbarnesiii johnbarnesiii is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 173
Default Re: Which Electronic Drums Are These??

It looks like the whole kit is mounted to chrome hardware? Its the first I've seen without the rubber tube look for hardware. Is that correct? does the hardware come as a kit or is it just regular drum hardware pieced together?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-10-2012, 09:54 PM
sticks4drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which Electronic Drums Are These??

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbarnesiii View Post
It looks like the whole kit is mounted to chrome hardware? Its the first I've seen without the rubber tube look for hardware. Is that correct? does the hardware come as a kit or is it just regular drum hardware pieced together?
Pretty sure it is all mounted on a Yamaha Hex rack. The hex tubing has a frosted,stainless finish.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-10-2012, 09:55 PM
wildbill wildbill is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Midwest - USA
Posts: 3,277
Default Re: Which Electronic Drums Are These??

I've seen chrome racks. Not sure which manufacturers make them, but here's one example:

http://www.samash.com/p/Pacific-By-D...kage_-49993143
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-10-2012, 09:59 PM
sticks4drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which Electronic Drums Are These??

DW-Stainless/round
Tama-Stainless/round
Gibraltor-chrome/round
Yamaha-frosted silver stainless finish/hexagonal
Pearl-bare aluminum,black painted steel/square
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-11-2012, 01:28 AM
johnbarnesiii johnbarnesiii is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 173
Default Re: Which Electronic Drums Are These??

I went to Guitar Center and the guy said you can use regular chrome drum stands to mount the electronic pads and cymbals. Is that true?

I'm looking for the most compact and portable solution and i have a very small setup (4-piece drums, hats, ride, 1 crash). I also figure to save $ I could use my existing hardware for my acoustic kit to mount the electric kit.

Thoughts/suggestions?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-11-2012, 01:32 AM
sticks4drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Which Electronic Drums Are These??

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbarnesiii View Post
I went to Guitar Center and the guy said you can use regular chrome drum stands to mount the electronic pads and cymbals. Is that true?

I'm looking for the most compact and portable solution and i have a very small setup (4-piece drums, hats, ride, 1 crash). I also figure to save $ I could use my existing hardware for my acoustic kit to mount the electric kit.

Thoughts/suggestions?
Yes, as long as the L-arms you have fit in the hole of the e-Tom you are mounting.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com