DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 02-08-2012, 05:46 PM

Default Headphone monitors

I know the trend is to go for IEMs, but due to reasons too long to discuss, I have to use live headphone monitors. I'm gonna use it for drumming, and I don't wanna go beyond $100. What do you guys suggest?
Old 02-08-2012, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Headphone monitors

I checked out a couple of things online. How does the KRK KNS6400 hold up for live monitoring?

Last edited by TipsusMagnus; 02-08-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Platinum Member

I'm confused because you're talking about 'headphone monitors', but pointed us to a link for regular ol' headphones. What would the difference be between the headphones and In-Ear Monitors? For $99 you could get Shure's SE215 in-ear monitors too.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:25 AM
audiotech

Quote:
Originally Posted by TipsusMagnus View Post
I checked out a couple of things online. How does the KRK KNS6400 hold up for live monitoring?
I don't own the 6400, but I do have a couple of pairs of the KRK 8400. To my ears, the 8400 headphones are very accurate, to some maybe too accurate, especially in the lower frequency ranges. Most people are use to hearing a slightly hyped bottom end response in their headphones or speakers, the KRK 8400 do not have this and from what I've heard, the 6400 series are lacking this and also a bit of the higher frequencies. I don't know where you are located, but I would really check them out if you can before buying them. Others to check out are the Shure SRH 440's, Sennheiser 280's and maybe the Sony 7506. All of these are within your price range and I happen to own and use all of them. I particularly like the Shure 440 for tracking. They're light weight, have decent ambient noise figures and sound great.

With what ever type of headphones you wish to buy, make sure they are of the closed back design for sound isolation.

Dennis

Last edited by audiotech; 02-09-2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: additional comment.