DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 01-31-2012, 09:13 PM
Silver Member

Default Eliminators VS. DW 5000

Given the option which double pedals would you take?
Thanks...
Old 01-31-2012, 11:22 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Eliminators VS. DW 5000

First, this is all opinion.

Second, I know they have changed within the last decade.

I've been using the DW5000 and do not like it. The slave pedal is extremely sluggish no matter how many times I've tried working with it.

I keep it because I only use it for messing around and would not ever consider purchasing another.

I'm sure others will have differing opinions than mine. But since you asked.....
Old 02-01-2012, 02:56 AM

I have used both pedals, and i prefer each for different things. The DW is a heavy pedal, and will pretty much always have a heavy (not necessarily sluggish) feel. They TO ME feel like a heavier, less responsive (but more powerful) Iron cobra. The eliminators can be set up to feel like anything, they almost have too much adjustability in my opinion. They are a very smooth pedal, and to me they have the feel of a heavy pedal with the responsitivity of a light one (it doesnt work as well as it could though) For that price range though, i wouldnt recommend either, I would recommend the Iron Cobras or Speed Cobras. The iron cobra is like everything the 5000s are but better IN MY OPINION and the same price, the speed cobras are a longboard super fast and powerful pedal that is just as light and adjustable as the eliminators, showing it up in every category IN MY OPINION. I would try the 4 pedals (5000s Speed/Iron cobras and eliminators) at you local music store before picking one, but this is MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE
1. Speed cobras
2. Iron cobras
3. Eliminators
4. 5000s
Old 02-13-2012, 02:58 AM

I have the Eliminators at home and I've played the DW 5000 at church. I do have to agree with the others I prefer the Eliminators over the 5000. While it seems really well made I do feel as it's a bit clunky. Haven't spent any time with the Speed Cobras, but I'd say ICs vs Eliminators would be a toss up. I mainly went with the Eliminators because I got them for a good deal.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:49 PM

Most people that dont like dw 5000 i cause they dont know how to set them correctly , its all about how you play .

my left pedal is as smooth as the other one , so just buy what u feel is right.

tama for me , makes the worst hardware. reason why i cause a friend of mine works at the manufacturing factory . he tells me that they dont care about the alloys they use for the steel and forged still . I personally been at the Dw factory , and i can tell they are amazing with the details.

if u have a problem with any dw product , just call them , they will try to help you :)
Old 05-16-2012, 11:53 PM

DW over the Pearl for me.

It's always about preference...for me the Pearl is too smooth for my tastes. I like something with a little bit of weight behind it. I can control them a little better. Now, that doesn't mean the DW is clunky like people are describing...they don't feel like that to me whatsoever.

I have the newest version of the DW 5000 AD4 double. It's very smooth but doesn't feel like it's "getting away" from me. I can pull off some relatively fast doubles with these pedals.

I am not a huge double-basser or anything, but I dont really notice that lag with the slave pedal..they are pretty equal in feel between the two. I own a Trick Bigfoot double pedal and it has that same "lag" feel as the DW has (albeit very very little). I think that lag is just the nature of the beast when having any slave pedal....it will be there to a more or less degree.

The DW won't break...I can't break it and I think I have a pretty"heavy foot". I play on a regular basis and never had trouble with any of my DW5000 models I've had over the years. It's a workhorse.

If there are any questions about the DW5000, feel free to ask. Like I said, I've had 4 different upgrades of the 5000 over the years, along with one DW9000 and one Trick Bigfoot Longboard. Good luck!
Old 05-17-2012, 12:23 AM
audiotech

I have both pedals in singles and my Eliminators haven't seen a bass drum in years.

Dennis
Old 06-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Platinum Member

Either one will be a better pedal w/these