DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 01-20-2012, 02:43 PM

Default Calling All Demon Drive Experts

Pick up my demond drives doubles from lay buy tommorow. I have been googling them and come across also in this forum that a second generation exists. Can any one advise the difference fron gen 1 - 2. I have seen some complaints about the direct drive screw hitting beater and understand that the drive shaft has had some changes in gen 2. Im not sure what is fact or fiction. Any help would be great b4 i pick these demonds up tommorow.
Old 01-22-2012, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Calling All Demon Drive Experts

Hi grats,

The direct link screws are absolutely different. The new gens are shorter. The 1st gen are about 7mm long.

Apparently pearl replaces the base plate as well, but I measured my first gen to a 2nd gen in a store and they were both 4mm thick.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Calling All Demon Drive Experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
Hi grats,

The direct link screws are absolutely different. The new gens are shorter. The 1st gen are about 7mm long.

Apparently pearl replaces the base plate as well, but I measured my first gen to a 2nd gen in a store and they were both 4mm thick.
Thanks m8 mine ended uo being 2nd gen. I love em and sooo glad i bought em. I got them brand new at my local music shop for $495. Put em on layby a while back and picked em up yesterday. These are in a leauge of there own.