DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-18-2012, 08:00 PM

Default Budget hi hat stand

Hi,
I am looking for a budget hi-hat stand (around 30 UK delivered). I dont mind it being used and just wondering if anyone had any recommendations?
i came across the one pictured and just wondered if anyone knew what brand or model it is and if it'd be worth 25? it comes with a free budget mapex single kick pedal which i'd most likely sell on.
at such a low price, i am definitely having reservations about its quality but the seller says it is functional and "a steal at that price"
any info would be great
cheers, tintin
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2012, 08:51 PM
mediocrefunkybeat

Default Re: Budget hi hat stand

I got a very decent Pearl stand on eBay last year for 20. Well used but in good order. I recommend you look there - there are some seriously good deals on hardware on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pearl-Sing...#ht_500wt_1378

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gibraltar-...ht_1367wt_1144

The first one won't go for much more for 20. The Gibraltar is very decent.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:25 PM

I dont have much experience with gibraltar but that was definitely the ballpark i was looking at (i've come across that one before actually, just like i say, not really used gibraltar)
if that stand is a decent bit of kit, i might just purchase that one. i'll sleep on it and see if there are any other replies before jumping in but thanks for the advice. describing it as 'very decent' makes me think its worth the cash? i'm normally just worried about where the top part of the stand meets the base section as i've had bad experiences with the bottom hi-hat slowly dropping throughout a gig (hence why im replacing my current POS stand)
if anyone else wants to chuck in their two cents before i take the plunge, that'd be great.
thanks!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:43 PM
Gold Member

All my hardware is double braced Dixon hardware which is the same as Gibraltar, and Cannon and Worldmax and a few others. Its all made at the same factory its just Dixon doesnt run a big advertising budget so they can sell their stuff a bit cheaper. I have been gigging this stuff for over 12 years now with no repairs and would certainly buy their products again. Its strong, well made and I just dont see the sense of paying more just for a brand name.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:16 AM

went for the gibraltar in the end. seems sturdy and ideal for my purpose for the price. thanks @mediocrefunkybeat for finding it and recommending it!
cheers for the input @tard. im sure the stand will work great :)
Old 01-20-2012, 12:22 AM
mediocrefunkybeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin_tin_24 View Post
went for the gibraltar in the end. seems sturdy and ideal for my purpose for the price. thanks @mediocrefunkybeat for finding it and recommending it!
cheers for the input @tard. im sure the stand will work great :)
Good! It shouldn't let you down. Gibraltar's pedals won't set the World on fire but they are very sturdy and dependable. That stand was a good bargain and I hope you're happy with it.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:31 AM
Gold Member

Will work fine, like I said its gibraltar and dixon are built in the same plant anyway.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:55 AM

turned up today. VERY happy! rotating legs are excellent for double kick and having spring adjustment is an absolute wonder (allows me to use very heavy top hats/ create my own hi-hat pairing out of crashes etc and still have decent open/close action) thanks guys, ideal for purpose. i look forward to taking her on tour next month! thank you!
Old 01-21-2012, 02:23 PM
mediocrefunkybeat

Good! I'm glad my hunch on this one was right. Pleased it's up to scratch.