DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 01-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Silver Member

Default Second set of pedals!

Hello gang I'm needing a second pair of pedals, playing more and need a second set. My question is how are your thoughts with the Iron Cobra's?
I play Eliminators right now and like them, but for a second set I refuse to buy brand new pedals for $400, I am seeing used Iron Cobra's on Craigslist quite a bit for $180, $200. Are they good?
I would try before I buy I just want real drummer's opinions.
Love my Eliminators, are they similar, better, worse,more durable, etc..
Thanks guys.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:21 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Second set of pedals!

The Eliminators can be had for under 300 new all day. The Cobras are probably the most wide used pedal out there. Tried and true. Built like a tank.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:11 PM
audiotech

Tamas Iron Cobra pedals are great pedals, I much prefer them over my Eliminators. I only have one set of double pedals and that's a set of Power Glide double pedals, I also own a Power Glide single pedal because of its great feel. There might be better pedals on the market, but none have the price point and reputation of the Tama Iron Cobras.

Dennis
Old 01-15-2012, 11:08 PM

Iron cobras are great, they are my pedal of choice after speed cobras. They can do anything you want them to, are super adjustable (more than the eliminators in my opinion, i used to own eliminators and cobras so i can compare em pretty easily) and there is virtually no way to break em. Only thing to watch for is pre 2007 models have a different cam (correct me if im wrong) and there is a slightly different feel inbetween those and new models. Any iron cobra feels great though, i highly recommend them
Old 01-16-2012, 03:55 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon B View Post
Iron cobras are great, they are my pedal of choice after speed cobras. They can do anything you want them to, are super adjustable (more than the eliminators in my opinion, i used to own eliminators and cobras so i can compare em pretty easily) and there is virtually no way to break em. Only thing to watch for is pre 2007 models have a different cam (correct me if im wrong) and there is a slightly different feel inbetween those and new models. Any iron cobra feels great though, i highly recommend them
Hey John, thanks man I appreciate it, and the other responses!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:51 PM

Iron Cobra double peddles, own 2 sets, one for the home studio, and one for gigging, They're hearty, reliable, and functional.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator

I've owned both pedals, and between the two I prefer the Iron Cobra. I assume for $180+ that's a used double, right? I recall that a new, single IC was a lot less.

Bermuda
Old 01-22-2012, 07:52 AM

I have an old set of iron cobras that are strap drive that im currently selling lol. I gig and jam quite a bit and its a tough decision to give them up, but they dont work as well for me personally, so ill save my pennies and get a set of DW5000s to back up my 8002s or buy some 9000s and keep my other ones as the backup.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Silver Member

Ok guys, quick one as well, which do you prefer the Rolling Glide or the Power Glide?
Thanks.