DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 12-22-2011, 04:18 AM

Default Roland TD4 modual, need help

I have a Roland TD4KX and I have been thinking about double bass. I can't find the setting to change the high hat to double bass mode. I talked to the guy at the store I bought it from and he said that the Roland guy that he talks to swears there is a way to set the high hat to double bass mode.

What I mean by double bass mode is you take your foot off the HH pedal to use on your bass pedal and the HH stays closed.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:10 AM

Default Re: Roland TD4 modual, need help

There is no way to do that. Use a single double pedal. It is possible to use the 1 extra port to hook up a separate bass drum trigger, but you will lose the option for an extra cymbal or tom.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:26 AM
Gold Member

what he said, get a double pedal with the beaters close together and center both of them as best you can on the bass trigger and turn it up some, I have a Pearl P902 with my td4 and it works great!
Old 12-23-2011, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarrdoss View Post
what he said, get a double pedal with the beaters close together and center both of them as best you can on the bass trigger and turn it up some, I have a Pearl P902 with my td4 and it works great!
Hey man,i too have a pearl p902.but the problem i have is that the bass pedals are too soft.cant hear it.i think its because the 2 beaters that are close together are not hitting the direct centre of the bass head.is there a way to turn up the volume of ONLY the bass drum ? pls help !
Old 12-23-2011, 03:07 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangjun View Post
Hey man,i too have a pearl p902.but the problem i have is that the bass pedals are too soft.cant hear it.i think its because the 2 beaters that are close together are not hitting the direct centre of the bass head.is there a way to turn up the volume of ONLY the bass drum ? pls help !
get your beaters as close as possible I loosened the main beater and put it right next to the cam, make sure they are both hitting as close to dead center as possible, then adjust you level, TD4 hit menu select opt. # 2 mixer and hit the bass pedal and it will highlight and turn the knob to you liking, and you might as well adjust everything.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:45 PM

Volume of the bass drum, or placement of the beaters has nothing to do with it. I want the HH to stay CLOSED when my foot isn't on the HH pedal.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:22 AM

Can't be done with out a brick on the pedal. Your not the first to ask about this. The TD4 is still a decent set.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:22 PM

Sounds like you want your e-kit to employ a drop clutch feature.

http://www.opentip.com/Musical-Instr...p-1623421.html

that's just the first thing I seen when googling e-kit drop clutches.

Otherwise I dont see how it could be done without needing to physically press the module quickly to jump between programmed kits.That may be an option if the td-4 allows it.Since you have to physically whack the drop clutch anyway to close the hats,maybe you can program the td4 to play the same kit with an open hat and a closed hat,and just press the button to jump back and forth.