DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 12-21-2011, 02:11 PM

Default Sonor Phonics in a 2 up 2 down

This is my Sonor Phonics kit in a 2 up, 2 down configuration. Toms across the top are 13x9 and 14x10. Mounted floor toms to my right are 15x12 and 16x 14, and a 24x14 bass, all 9 ply beech shells. In this pic, I am running a 12x4.5 Sonor Force 3001 snare, not my original Phonic 14x6.5 steel snare. Im working on getting my other pics uploaded, so hopefully this one will do for now. Enjoy!

Last edited by blastbeatkeeper; 01-18-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Pollyanna's Agent

Default Re: Sonor Phonics in a 2 up 2 down

Wow! nice kit, these were top of the line alongside the Signature model in the 80's, are you the original owner?
Old 12-21-2011, 02:25 PM

Very nice. How's that 16x14 work for you? I have a spare 16x16 phonic that I'm half-planning to cut down to 16x12.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:34 PM

TMS, Its tricky to get perfect, but when it is, it sounds like a bomb going off a hundred miles away. Btw, I should mention that there are no reso heads on it now, being that there arent any reso side bearing edges.

MAD, I am the second owner. The original owner was Bob Tortoricci. I only know this because he sharpied it inside each of the shells lol. Supposedly he was a professor of music at Union College. Ive tried to search it a couple times, with no avail. Thanks for the kind words.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:26 PM

*****UPDATE*****

Ok, so the 2 up 2 down didnt last long. I was sick of not being able to reach behind me for the 2nd floor tom. I moved the bell over to the other side of the bass drum tom mount, and put the 15" back up to make it a 3 up, one down configuration. SOOOOO much better. The whole kit as a whole is tighter, my cymbals are in better reach(which, btw, the cymbals in the pics are my "practice" set, except for the hats). Hopefully I will have sound up soon. I tore them down and started retuning from the beginning, and the 13 is out of commission for a bit, as new hoops and heads are in order. Keep checkin back!