DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 12-11-2011, 08:34 PM

Default module

hi,
i have a roland td-9 trigger pad set.i could not afford the module with the kit,should ibuy the roland td-9 or the alesis dm10??will the alesis dm-10 work with my roland pads?and of course the alesis module is miles cheaper...i am a working musician and i play gigs where there is no proper miking and the engineers are not so good..please help me out..

thank you...
Old 12-18-2011, 02:59 PM

Default Re: module

If its about saving some cash,then consider the Alesis trigger i/o module.Run it through your laptop and some good drum software that you love.It really is the future of e-kits.Its much more personal.Where a pre programmed module has sounds that company found appropriate.Problem is,after spending so much on that type of module,you will justify that sound being the right sound for you,even though you cant quite find it.So you will eventually run software through it anyway,just not until you get your money back out of it.May as well just skip to what many pros already figured out.

Thats just my opinion though.I wouldnt buy an mp3 player that came pre-programmed with a thousand songs,for an extra thousand dollars.You wouldnt listen to 90 percent of them,and almost immediately want to add your own preferences.So why not just start with a clean slate,and an affordable unit?Add a couple hundred worth of songs you love,and listen to all of them.

Modules will continually date themselves.Better off with a blank module that you can afford to keep pace with them times.EZdrummer has expansions for 40 bucks right now.40 bucks to update your sound.Makes so much more sense.