DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 12-02-2011, 12:49 AM

Default Roland TD-9KX2 vs TD-9K2

Hi,

I am looking at getting my first set of V-Drums and I was wondering if anyone else here faced the dilemma of whether or not to pay close to $1000 more for the KX2.

I have read it comes with an enhanced Hi-Hat (VH-11) and better mesh pads. Besides this it seems to be the same module.

Has anyone tested both?

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Roland TD-9KX2 vs TD-9K2

I had the same dilemma... ended up getting the K2.

The price difference, to me was unsubstantiated... same brain... same sounds... I in fact PREFER not having to use my hi hat stand... if I want to haul hardware like that on my Ekit, then I'd go all the way to a more professional set.

I am pretty happy with this one.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillermo View Post
I had the same dilemma... ended up getting the K2.

The price difference, to me was unsubstantiated... same brain... same sounds... I in fact PREFER not having to use my hi hat stand... if I want to haul hardware like that on my Ekit, then I'd go all the way to a more professional set.

I am pretty happy with this one.
Just a tip- the CY5/FD8 is a cruel joke compared to the VH-11, which sounds and acts like a real hi-hat. When you do upgrade, the VH-11 is the greatest single thing you can (and should) change. Obviously upgraded pads are nice, but that's a matter of choice and how much you want to play a real kit. Everyone has to stop somewhere!

So maybe not worth an extra grand for many people, but for sure a "real" HH like a VH-11/12 would be worth a few hundred bucks, just like your k2 kit is worth 1800 bucks versus just beating on several emply five-gallon buckets!

You might want to check the vdrums forum for more information.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:02 PM

Yes... I tried them both when I was deciding which kit to buy... it's certainly better!, no doubt about that... better articulation and accuracy... just that, to me, for what I use my electronic kit, I can manage pretty good... Dunno if it's because I've always been a single pedal guy and use the Hihat pedal extensively, but I feel comfortable with it... tiny mistakes happen in which it might not articulate exactly like I want to sometimes, yes... and maybe that difference on itself was not worth a grand to me :-).

My two acoustic drumkits and this one as an E-kit are more than enough for a part timer like myself!, hahaha... thanks for the analysis though, you are spot on.