DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 11-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Doctor Dirt

Default dw 5000 on Used GC site

Been looking for a good deal on a dw 5000 single for about 3 weeks now. I check GC used gear site everyday at 1:30 when the new gear comes on line. I found a 2 week old dw 5000 that was sold then returned in trade for a dw double set up. The pics were to good to be true and the price was ok too 59.99??? That didn't seem right good deals are usually 89 to 109.00 so I called the store and they verified the price. Now extreme mark downs take a month to 3 months to appear but I'm not complaining. Been on Pearls power shifters for years now and with some tweaking their ok but I played the dw when they first came out and the design and inner workings are easy to deal with and fix. Its nice to show some patience and get a little lucky too. Doc
Old 11-19-2011, 12:04 AM
audiotech

Default Re: dw 5000 on Used GC site

Is it a single or double chain drive? I know GC was liquidating the single chain a few months ago.

Dennis
Old 11-19-2011, 12:25 AM
Doctor Dirt

Its a double chain, pics look like a brand new one. With the shipping (Warwick R.I)+ tax I think it was 82.55, I'm happy. Almost bought one off ebay last night for 89.00, very clean double chain but I stayed patient because I'm seeing more up for sale than ever. The Tama pedal was interesting too. I got a very good price on a pedal I'm familar with so its all good. Doc
Old 11-19-2011, 04:05 AM

Crazy price. Grats.

So YOU'RE the guy that always snipes the good stuff before I get home from work...j/k.

GC is so crazy with pricings...I see stuff on there used that costs more than the product does new from time to time. Each store sets their own prices on this stuff and...well its very inconsistent. To our advantage sometimes...
Old 11-19-2011, 04:28 AM
Platinum Member

Never heard of the GC used site. What is a link?
Old 11-19-2011, 04:51 AM

$ 59.95 is a great deal for this pedal, I was thrilled when I got mine for $ 90. a year ago, and it's made a huge difference in my playing. unfortunately the price for the 9000 isn't falling like the 5000 is, I really really love those.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:19 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
Never heard of the GC used site. What is a link?
Here you go...

http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/index.cfm

Use with caution and don't try this at home...
Old 11-19-2011, 07:19 PM
Doctor Dirt

I just google "Guitar Centers Used Gear" the page that comes up has a GC site that says "used inventory" hit that and it takes you into their nation wide used gear. All the stories participate and they dump pricings after 30 days. 60, then 90 their giving it away. They had a Premier thin shelled 5 piece with snare in a gold satin flame that looked very clean for 189.00.
That kit kicks azz, I know the shells very well and I almost bought it because its a 500.00 kit easily because the sound is top notch pro delivery. Every time I hear people bitchin about GC I just laugh because you can't expect much from young kids who work there but you will find great deals there. Patience and vigilance equals savings when buying music gear. Doc
Old 11-19-2011, 08:12 PM

Hey Doc, when you say they update daily at 1:30...what timezone is that in?
Old 11-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Doctor Dirt

I'll guess their own hahahaha!!! I just noticed some price changings and different products pop up in the late mornings in the east coast stores. I look at them first because the west coast won't be open till 1 or 2pm. so I'm guessing who ever is in charge of the listings for each store has a set time to list and change pricings.