DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 11-17-2011, 11:21 PM

Default demon drive noise HELP

i bought a new demon drive double kick, when I went to change the duo deck from short board to long board the screws were so over torqued from the factory I stripped them gutless with the drum key provided by pearl, so I brought them back, they swapped the screws with a single kick demon drive they had in stock (only one pedal was over torqued) so I brought them home to finally play and I noticed they make this awful rattling/clicking noise...almost like there's some slack in the direct drive thats noticeable on impact...maybe the bearings were over torqued too? I dont know, I need help this is my first direct drive pedal ive owned,...should I just bring it back and ask for my money back? or is this normal and im just buying overly fussy because i payed so much for it?

the right pedal also does it but not as bad

here's a video I took with my iphone...hopefully you can hear it....I play electronic drums so the noise is really noticeable to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbH4sBdfjDc

Last edited by dethray; 11-17-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:57 PM

Default Re: demon drive noise HELP

I don't hear it man. Perhaps the beater arms are hitting the estimate rim or something?

Maybe make the vid without the kick drum?
Old 11-18-2011, 12:45 AM
Gold Member

I have found that the plastic locking nut on the spring can come loose quite easily, and where the bottom of the spring connects to the base of the pedal it can wobble. Also my little orange dots in the foot board (under the chrome piece) aren't locked in either, and they make a little noise when my toe runs over them.

I can hear the noise in the video, but can't tell ya what it is. On your slave pedal, do you have the clamp locked down with something? Mine came with a small metal bar with a piece of rubber attached, to go into the slave clamp when it's not attached to a drum.

Watch this as well, if you haven't seen it yet - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsnCH...eature=related
Old 11-21-2011, 05:57 PM

i have a feeling that the rattling is just the frame of your kick drum. try a different pedal with the pearl beaters and see. or hold your hand in front of the beater and see if it still makes the noise