DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Drums

Drums All about Drums and Drum Kits

Old 11-16-2011, 12:47 AM

Default Tama Hand Hammered Piccolo Snare - Help Pricing

I'm a non-drummer (guitarist) who bought a used Tama Rockstar kit about a year ago for recording/writing/dicking around purposes. Instead of the stock Rockstar snare, the kit came with a Hand Hammered Piccolo snare (I believe it's the 13" steel version), which I really don't care for (didn't bother me when I was playing, but don't dig the recorded sound). I'd like to swap this for a more "traditional" rock/metal snare, but the problem is that a) I'm not a drummer and don't regularly buy/sell drum gear and b) the snare isn't in production anymore and doesn't seem to be a very frequent item on the 'bay. Could you guys give me a hand here and help me figure out what would be a fair price to put this up for sale locally (I'm really not trying to advertise or sell this here)? I'd like to get as much as possible for it, but still be able to move it pretty quickly (i.e., before the holidays). .

Thanks.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:55 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Tama Hand Hammered Piccolo Snare - Help Pricing

Got any pictures? If you're going to sell it, you'll need pics anyway so take some and post them here. It's kind of hard to know what you have without seeing it.

I don't remember there being a hammered 13" steel piccolo in the Tama line anywhere, but that doesn't mean much. I'd say $100-$150 without seeing it since that seems like what a lot of mid-level snares go for on the used market. Maybe a little lower if you need to move it quickly.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Got any pictures? If you're going to sell it, you'll need pics anyway so take some and post them here. It's kind of hard to know what you have without seeing it.

I don't remember there being a hammered 13" steel piccolo in the Tama line anywhere, but that doesn't mean much. I'd say $100-$150 without seeing it since that seems like what a lot of mid-level snares go for on the used market. Maybe a little lower if you need to move it quickly.
$100-150 is all I would hope for. I'll try to snap some pics later tonight. It might very well not be 13". I'll take a measurement as well. Thanks for the info!
Old 11-16-2011, 02:05 AM

Here are a couple of shots of the snare. I also measured, and it's definitely 13" wide and 4" deep. Appreciate any help.
Attached Images

Old 11-16-2011, 02:21 AM
Platinum Member

Wow, cool! Your 13" measurement doesn't include the hoop, right? Just checking (it's measured between bearing edges). That drum looks pretty small, I don't blame you for not wanting it as your main snare. I don't know what the market will be like for it; the popularity of piccolo snares has been on the decline in recent years, but who knows? My gut tells me that you'd be exceedingly lucky to get $150 for it. $100 might even take a while - especially if you're in a hurry to flip it.

Good luck!
Old 11-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Wow, cool! Your 13" measurement doesn't include the hoop, right? Just checking (it's measured between bearing edges). That drum looks pretty small, I don't blame you for not wanting it as your main snare. I don't know what the market will be like for it; the popularity of piccolo snares has been on the decline in recent years, but who knows? My gut tells me that you'd be exceedingly lucky to get $150 for it. $100 might even take a while - especially if you're in a hurry to flip it.

Good luck!
+1 Mike is right about that.Those drums were inexpensive an have welded shell,so their not really desireable.100 to 150 on a great day.

Steve B
Old 11-17-2011, 02:50 AM

Thanks for the input. So is $100 even a fair asking price? If not, what is?