DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Stalwart_Pandora-Chris's Avatar
Stalwart_Pandora-Chris Stalwart_Pandora-Chris is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 727
Default Trading my pedal, pretty proud.

Today, I went in to my drum store looking at single pedals (as I do). A few weeks ago, I tried out a 5000 and liked it, then I went to think about it and it hasn't came instock yet. So I went and looked at other pedals, and I tried out the Speed Cobra and the first thing I noticed was how long the footboard was... UNBELIEVABLY LONG! But, I REALLY liked it.

It was really smooth, but not too smooth. Not to mention I could definitely get alot of speed and the longboards were amazing! I'm trading my Iron Cobra in for one definitely. My Iron Cobra has always felt TOO solid and clunky.

What do you guys think of the Speed Cobra? Or what's your favourite pedal.
__________________
Mapex, Sabian, Vic Firth.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-12-2011, 11:04 PM
konaboy's Avatar
konaboy konaboy is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Midwest, USA
Posts: 2,527
Default Re: Trading my pedal, pretty proud.

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=67909

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=73881

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=71828

That should give you a little reading material
__________________
"how are you living your Dash?"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-12-2011, 11:10 PM
mediocrefunkybeat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Trading my pedal, pretty proud.

I've owned a Dw5000 for years that has never let me down. That and my Pearl P100 are my mainstays.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-12-2011, 11:39 PM
Doctor Dirt
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Trading my pedal, pretty proud.

Funny this thread pops up because I started checking out pedals a few weeks ago when I purchased the Premier Signia drums. I used the dw 5000 when they first came out and always liked them I did have a problem with their strength then but they were built lighter and I was younger and stronger hahahaha!!! I've been on the Power Shifters for about 15 years and their ok once you loose the stock spring and get something a little lighter to make the response quicker. I'm thinking of returning to the 5000 if I see a clean one on ebay for a fare price. Doc.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-13-2011, 01:09 AM
Stalwart_Pandora-Chris's Avatar
Stalwart_Pandora-Chris Stalwart_Pandora-Chris is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 727
Default Re: Trading my pedal, pretty proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Dirt View Post
Funny this thread pops up because I started checking out pedals a few weeks ago when I purchased the Premier Signia drums. I used the dw 5000 when they first came out and always liked them I did have a problem with their strength then but they were built lighter and I was younger and stronger hahahaha!!! I've been on the Power Shifters for about 15 years and their ok once you loose the stock spring and get something a little lighter to make the response quicker. I'm thinking of returning to the 5000 if I see a clean one on ebay for a fare price. Doc.
They're showing up really cheap on eBay and they look clean haha
But yeah, I'd give Speed Cobra's a try dude. Feel like a 5000, but light and smooth but still like a pedal and probably, better than a Power Shifter or DW. And I had my eye on DW's for a little while.

Atleast I won't get the fear of "new pedal syndrome". The IC and Speed Cobra practically are the same apart from, Speed Cobra. Smooth as hell! It's great!
__________________
Mapex, Sabian, Vic Firth.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-13-2011, 02:32 AM
Mad About Drums's Avatar
Mad About Drums Mad About Drums is offline
Pollyanna's Agent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Shropshire, UK
Posts: 5,462
Default Re: Trading my pedal, pretty proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalwart_Pandora-Chris View Post
.Or what's your favourite pedal.
I played 28 years with the Tama Camco, 6 years with 2 single pedals and 22 years with a double pedal, the Camco is a light chain driven pedal that's fast and effortless to play with, and even that it's an old design you can make some adjustements on it. I never had any problems with these pedals until a couple months ago when I had trouble with the slave pedal, it went suddenly not smooth at all and was making noises, the bearings were worn out!

I played for a month with just one pedal, and I liked it very much, especially with the challenge of doing some of the double bass patterns with one foot.

In the meantime, I was looking for a new pedal, I always wanted to try some of these Iron Cobras, but which one? Rolling Glide? Power Glide? Flexi Glide? Speed Cobra?, the cams on these pedals produce a different feel when you play them. And in the shop, you can't really tell if it's suitable for you by playing 10-15 minutes on a rubber pad... you need to play it on your kit.

I read a few review about the Mapex Falcon, I decided to try it in a shop and it felt very similar to all the Cobras. The fact that the Falcon comes with 2 drive systems, chains or strap (like the Flexi Glide), 2 different cams, Glide (like the Roller Glide) or Pursuit (like the Power Glide) as well as interchangeable weights (10-20g) for the beater and a long footboard made it my choice. I had the feeling that I was buying all 3 Cobras in one pedal.

I'm really happy with the Falcon, and funny enough after 28 years of chain driven pedal, I use the strap as the drive system and I love it.
__________________
Keep On Drumming
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Stalwart_Pandora-Chris's Avatar
Stalwart_Pandora-Chris Stalwart_Pandora-Chris is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 727
Default Re: Trading my pedal, pretty proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad About Drums View Post
I played 28 years with the Tama Camco, 6 years with 2 single pedals and 22 years with a double pedal, the Camco is a light chain driven pedal that's fast and effortless to play with, and even that it's an old design you can make some adjustements on it. I never had any problems with these pedals until a couple months ago when I had trouble with the slave pedal, it went suddenly not smooth at all and was making noises, the bearings were worn out!

I played for a month with just one pedal, and I liked it very much, especially with the challenge of doing some of the double bass patterns with one foot.

In the meantime, I was looking for a new pedal, I always wanted to try some of these Iron Cobras, but which one? Rolling Glide? Power Glide? Flexi Glide? Speed Cobra?, the cams on these pedals produce a different feel when you play them. And in the shop, you can't really tell if it's suitable for you by playing 10-15 minutes on a rubber pad... you need to play it on your kit.

I read a few review about the Mapex Falcon, I decided to try it in a shop and it felt very similar to all the Cobras. The fact that the Falcon comes with 2 drive systems, chains or strap (like the Flexi Glide), 2 different cams, Glide (like the Roller Glide) or Pursuit (like the Power Glide) as well as interchangeable weights (10-20g) for the beater and a long footboard made it my choice. I had the feeling that I was buying all 3 Cobras in one pedal.

I'm really happy with the Falcon, and funny enough after 28 years of chain driven pedal, I use the strap as the drive system and I love it.
Tama have re-issued the Camco pedal by the way :) was looking at those online, but today. I came home with the Speed Cobra.

Mapex Falcons are awesome. Though, they felt TOO light haha. But anyways, I'm glad with my decision :)
I have a Mapex 500 I love too
__________________
Mapex, Sabian, Vic Firth.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-13-2011, 07:09 PM
sticks4drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Trading my pedal, pretty proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalwart_Pandora-Chris View Post
Tama have re-issued the Camco pedal by the way :) was looking at those online, but today. I came home with the Speed Cobra.

Mapex Falcons are awesome. Though, they felt TOO light haha. But anyways, I'm glad with my decision :)
I have a Mapex 500 I love too
I'll be getting two falcon singles for my new kit.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com