DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 10-21-2011, 09:29 PM
Silver Member

Default Headphone amps/personal monitors

I've made the decision to go to IEMs for live performaces. I am looking at headphone amps now. I want to be able to run a click track with the mix as well. Just trying to get some opinions on the budget offering out there. Such as the Rolls PM50/55, Behringer MA400, ART MyMonitor, etc. What do you guys recommend?
Old 10-22-2011, 01:12 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Headphone amps/personal monitors

I have the Art Mymonitor, coupled with the shure p6hw hardwired in ear system as I do a bit of lead vocal as well as singing backup- it lets me hear my vocals so I don't oversing trying to hear myself. When I play with my drums miced up, I take a feed from my mixer for the drums into one of the 2 inputs into the p6hw and it allows me to mix the drums, vocals and general monitor mix together at levels that I'm happy with. The feed from the pa/ monitors goes into the art. What I would say is buy the best monitor amp that you can. The art is fine, but it does have it's limitations in terms of the amount of load it can manage from my vocal mic- too much level and you end up sounding like an extra from a space movie!

Hope that helps

Iain