DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 09-24-2011, 08:48 AM

Default Westbury 5pc

This is my first kit, bought it pretty much brand new (just dusty) from a friend about a month

And I need to change the heads already, any suggestions on those?
Old 09-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Westbury 5pc

Lots of "beginner" drummers start out wanting little or no overtones ... and so Pinstripe batter (or equivalent, muffled head, like the Evans EC2) over Ambassador reso. (single ply - Evans G1) is quite a common duo for toms.
On kick, I like the Powerstroke 3 (Evans EQ4 similar) as a batter and a single ply reso.
Right now, on my two main snares, I'm running the Evans Genera HD Dry batter ...
Both Remo and Evans have pretty good web sites, as far as describing their products ... the more you read up ... the more you'll ....
Old 09-24-2011, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Westbury 5pc

I am not a professional to answer to your question, but just presenting my thought.

For this, I would let the Evans Hydraulics to do the trick, but this just my opinion, other person may be suggesting to tune something else, more professional sounds.

I have been using hydraulics at top and whatever thin one-layer head at bottom for training purpose with band in our training room. Floortom quite wet and low, 13" as well tuned afterwards of others and 12" high, separating well from 13". I do not know if my english presents my idea well enough :)

I would 'consume' those cymbals by practising a lot. Afterwards you will start the forever drums&cymbal&hw replacement recycling anyway... :)