DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 09-11-2011, 05:01 PM

Default Who's using a Jamhub?

I recently bought a Jamhub http://www.fullcompass.com/product/379138.html for my band so we can reherse at my house, where I have my DTXreme111 kit setup. The other guys just bring their guitars, vocal mics and keyboard along with their pedalboxes(no amps required) and plug into the jamhub. I plug the E-kit in, we all put on headphones and away we go. All the outside world hears is the strumming of electric strings and the tapping on the drum pads. Naturaly any acoustic vocals will be heard, but they are not generally loud. The sound through the headphones is awesome and everone can adjust their own mix. There are effects for the vocals as well. We can also record straight out the back via USB as well. Overall a great product and very affordable as well. It will pay for itself in no time without having to pay for rehersal rooms now.
Are any others on here using them for band rehersals?
Old 09-12-2012, 06:21 AM

Default Re: Who's using a Jamhub?

These are close on $800 in New Zealand. I have seen them on eBay and even with international freight would be a good $300 cheaper.

Thanks for the review. I may get one now.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:54 AM
Silver Member

The JamHub is indeed a great tool for silent rehearsal (got mine for a steal on ebay).
Being able to individually control your own mix of instruments in your ears is awesome!
As for cutting down acoustic noise (for e-drums) I use these when I really need to go into "stealth mode" late at night.
http://lidwishsoulutions.com/
Old 10-24-2012, 01:10 AM
Silver Member

I used one for several months and it worked out great. I didn't want to bother the neighbors when playing at night. We also use no amps.

We have recently switched to playing thru wedge monitors in order to get used to the different sound and it turns out that the volume really isn't an issue. Apparently you play quieter without acoustic drums and guitar amps all competing to be heard. Now, everyone has a simple volume knob.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:10 AM
Platinum Member

I saw a video of one a few weeks ago and I was intrigued by it. I have been thinking of purchasing one in the near future.