DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 09-01-2011, 10:56 PM

Default typhoon tydd 01

hey all,

so i am not a drummer. but the thing is, one of my cloest friend's mother just passed away. She kept promising to get him a drum set but never did. so some of his friends, i included, want to pitch in and buy him an electronic drum kit. His dad never wanted loud music, so that's why we settling on electronic drum kit.

I was looking and saw this one at longandmcquade: http://www.long-mcquade.com/products...c_Drum_Kit.htm

I was wondering what people thought of it. all i could really find were three covers on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=tydd+01&aq=f

I would like to hear what people think of this drumkit. our budget is about 500$.

thank you
Old 09-02-2011, 01:43 AM

Default Re: typhoon tydd 01

well for one it has a bass pad which is very good for increasing bass drum skill (very important). i wont go in to full detail of the advantages. 4 other pads (snare and tom 1, 2, and 3) and 3 cymbals (crash, med. crash, and ride) are the basic foundation of a trap set. the hi-hat is something to be careful about and do your research on the hi-hat pedal needs to be presure sensitive at 3 different points to function as a viable electronic replacement for the real thing. i happen to be selling an Ion iDM02 but it has no bass pad and the hi-hat is only sensitive in 2 points (this is why im selling it). but this set is perfect for anybody who doesnt really care bout skill and just wants to jam if you are interested we can work out pricing as a sort of comprimise

Sincerly Stixtg (please refer to me by my screen name)