DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 04-11-2012, 01:54 AM
enforcerdrummer's Avatar
enforcerdrummer enforcerdrummer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: somewhere groovy
Posts: 87
Default Re: Best place to buy sticks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlCrafton View Post
That's fine---if you don't want anything specific, and have different sticks that work exactly perfect for you without modifying them in any way.

After looking into several aspects of what I wanted, and what would work best for ME, for MY playing, I wanted a few things differently than what anyone offered.
I figured out what I wanted and needed, CDX did it, & MY stick works perfectly for ME.

Don't know if it would work for anyone else, but it doesn't have too.

I agree that a longer than expected wait is a drag. When a small company has equipment problems, and it send things back days or a week or so longer than expected NO ONE likes that.
At least people got 3-6 pairs of sticks extra for free to make up for it.

I think my longest wait has been 4 weeks. If I remember correctly, that was when I had a template made. That was with shipping time included which is 3-4 days depending on the shipping company.

I just got some sticks 2 weeks ago.
The problems must have been ironed out, because they were ready within 1.5 weeks, and I told him not to ship until the following Monday so I would actually be at the shipping location when they were dropped off.

CDX sticks last so long for me that even if I was down to 6 pair, a 2-4 month wait wouldn't affect me.
In the almost 4 years I have been using sticks made by Nick, I actually broke A stick on a gig. I was thrashing kinda hard on that song though (for the "show", and hit the rim of the ft). It was a stick that was already used at home a bit and maybe a rehearsal, so no biggie.
Usually they wear out in the middle and I use them until they are all the way through.

I should post a pic of what my sticks end up looking like before I stop using them.
This is basically for ALL of them. I have never had one fail in a short period of time, which for some have been a couple hours, or a couple weeks.

The durability, and custom size/design for ME is worth a wait, but, it's different for others.
Check out their facebook page. Looks like more than equipment problems!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-11-2012, 06:16 PM
KarlCrafton's Avatar
KarlCrafton KarlCrafton is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 4,507
Default Re: Best place to buy sticks?

Too bad.

I don't know the in's and out's of their agreement, so I won't say anything in regards to it. I never met, or had any dealings with Danny at all other than chatting online in a few messages.

My stuff was pretty much all set before it became CDX LLC., so I was a no hassle endorser.
Nothing to do but take a once a year order because the stix lasted so dang long for me!
Other than endorser pricing, I got some pairs as "thank you" for doing all the word spreading, and talking about my experience with the sticks on a few forums. I heard one order was pretty huge.

Sorry to see the co. end, the product is/was great.
__________________
My band Artificial Agent here: http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116637
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-11-2012, 06:40 PM
KarlCrafton's Avatar
KarlCrafton KarlCrafton is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 4,507
Default Re: Best place to buy sticks?

You're off of FB for a couple days and see what happens?!

If Nick isn't making the sticks (and his FB page says the Company is closed), then I guess I'm out of luck, because he was the one making them (and getting the wood).

Not sure if anyone else is doing the producing of the actual product.

Don't know their in's and out's like I said.
__________________
My band Artificial Agent here: http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116637
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-12-2012, 02:25 PM
drumsdb drumsdb is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3
Default Re: Best place to buy sticks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlCrafton View Post
You're off of FB for a couple days and see what happens?!

If Nick isn't making the sticks (and his FB page says the Company is closed), then I guess I'm out of luck, because he was the one making them (and getting the wood).

Not sure if anyone else is doing the producing of the actual product.

Don't know their in's and out's like I said.
I just wanted to stop in and address a few things that I can in regards to CDX. At this time, we are NOT shutting down the company. While Karl is correct that Nick's primary responsibility was production of the drumsticks and mine was the business side of things.

However, there is a continuation plan for CDX but I have been forced to halt production due to actions by my former partner. At this time, I can not comment any more due to legal action, but I assure you all that CDX will be back and stronger than ever!!

It's a shame that great drummers and customers get caught up in a business issue like this. I look forward to working with you all when we are taking orders again!

Danny
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-12-2012, 09:58 PM
lifetime's Avatar
lifetime lifetime is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 33
Default Re: Best place to buy sticks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumsdb View Post
I just wanted to stop in and address a few things that I can in regards to CDX. At this time, we are NOT shutting down the company. While Karl is correct that Nick's primary responsibility was production of the drumsticks and mine was the business side of things.

However, there is a continuation plan for CDX but I have been forced to halt production due to actions by my former partner. At this time, I can not comment any more due to legal action, but I assure you all that CDX will be back and stronger than ever!!

It's a shame that great drummers and customers get caught up in a business issue like this. I look forward to working with you all when we are taking orders again!

Danny
Sounds great, now am I going to get a refund or what?
__________________
If you see it in your mind, you're going to hold it in your hand- Bob Proctor
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-13-2012, 04:40 PM
drumsdb drumsdb is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3
Default Re: Best place to buy sticks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetime View Post
Sounds great, now am I going to get a refund or what?
lifetime,
Hit me up on a PM, or email me at danny@customdrumstix.com and I'll get you taken care of.

Danny
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com