DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Drums

Drums All about Drums and Drum Kits

Old 02-09-2012, 03:48 PM

Default 70s gretsch broadcaster opinions

This kit is going for $1049 US. After postage to Australia I would get it for about $1700. Apparently it costs $670 to send a kit into Australia. Bummer, but I guess I'm going to have to cop it at some point and I may as well while the au dollar is high.

Sizes - 14x22, 8x12, 9x13, 16x16. They say it's a 70s Broadcaster, but I can't find anything about that line from that date. I can see they made Broadkasters through the 90s, but no one seems to be talking about 70s models.

I'm really in two minds about this kit because I love the sound of vintage drums, but I think with my current band I'd be reluctant to take this on a gig. Mainly because I still get sound guys who want to tape everything to death and usually have to share my kit...usually the other bands drummers are good guys, but some are not so good...

Anyone got thoughts about this kit? I've found very little info to go on aside from looks and what the seller is saying, so I'd really appreciate hearing from someone who knows.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/EARLY-70S...item3a702a0262
Old 02-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: 70s gretsch broadcaster opinions

Hard to say, I'm not a Gretsch expert - the price seems kind of low, but I guess it's had some work done... Looks like a very cool kit though.

I would definitely not use this set if you're sharing it with other players - if these drums are the real deal, then they deserve to be treated nicely...