DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 08-14-2011, 09:11 PM

Default Axis al-2 double pedal drive shaft.

Hey guys I am aiming this question at people who own this pedal but if you know tha answer or have has experience with it then your thoughts are welcome.

I am soon going to be ordering these pedals but i am possible conserned about the drive shaft linkage. From what I understand the length adjustment is completely round instead of the usual square or hexagonal taper and I am woryed that it could slip out of place if not tightened properly. Has anyone had this problem? if it is something I should be worried about I will get tha trick big foot or pearl deanon drive.
Thanks
James
Old 08-14-2011, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Axis al-2 double pedal drive shaft.

I have the Axis drive shaft on my double pedals, and it has never slipped. I do make shure the bolts are tight before a show. But when you are playing with a backline drum set and the bass drum is in a weird angle, and you can't really move it because it has a mic in the port hole and too many stands around the drum to move, it's a pain to adjust the drive shafts length to compensate for the weird angle. It's really hard to get the slave pedal height right because it is round.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Silver Member

I just bought a set of axis al-2's and had this exact problem, im a bit of a heavy stomper and the slave pedal slipped on the drive shaft constantly. all i did was mark out exactly where i wanted my slave positioned and the hieght of the foot board, i then pulled the thinner inner drive rod and drilled a 1/4 inch hole in it about 1/8 of an inch deep slid the rod back in, sunk the set screw into the hole i had made, a little red loctite added and problem solved. my drive shaft is rock solid now ;)
Old 08-15-2011, 04:09 PM

I am biased toward the Pearl Demon Doubles as thats what i use and would suggest getting them instead :P
Old 08-20-2011, 12:12 AM

thanks for the answers guys i really appreciate it! i think i will probably go for the axis al-2s ive never realy taken to the demon drives i dono its just the there design looks a bit funny to me.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:14 AM

though they look like solid pedals and would mean i wouldn't have to order from america.