DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Be26 Be26 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 41
Default More on budget electronic drums

I'd carry on posting in the other budget thread, but because my budget's different to his I thought I'd be better served making a new thread. I posted once already about the kits I was curious about, but upon going up town and having a poke around I'm rethinking my options. Here are the important details:

I've got somewhere in the region of 700 to play around with - I don't want to spend it all, but that's the ceiling. I'm a respectable player and I'm at a point where I'd like to play with other musicians in settings other than the typical open mic nights, so ideally whatever kit I get would be easily transportable. I'd be more than happy with one that I could fit into a typical sports bag, but if that's not possible I've got a couple of deployment bags I could use instead. I don't particularly want to be buying used, but I'd consider it.

The other note is that a couple of the music stores in town [I'm a Londoner] offer payment plans - you put down a 10% deposit, pay the remaining 90% back over the following nine months and apparently pay 0% interest on it - and since I'm still employed, touch wood, it seems like this makes some of the kits I thought were out of my price range more affordable.

Based on all that, it seems like the options available are the DM8 (Alesis), DTX500K (Yamaha), the TD-4K2 or the TD-4KX2 (Roland). I wasn't a fan of the HD-1 when I played it - I found it a little too cramped, didn't like the bass being pedal only rather than pedal and pad and wasn't a fan of the lack of customisation - so that's out unless I find an impossibly good deal.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-14-2011, 10:57 AM
jarvis99 jarvis99 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Default Re: More on budget electronic drums

I don't want to spend it all, but that's the cap. I'm a respectable participant and I'm at a stop where I'd suchlike to joke with new musicians in settings other than the exemplary ingenuous mic nights, so ideally some kit I get would be easily transportable.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Be26 Be26 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 41
Default Re: More on budget electronic drums

...beside the spammer, anybody else want to venture an opinion?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-21-2011, 05:37 PM
bandom55 bandom55 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Default Re: More on budget electronic drums

The additional mention is that a couple of the music stores in townspeople [I'm a Londoner] supply defrayal plans - you put physician a 10% accretion, pay the remaining 90% indorse over the following nine months and apparently pay 0% benefit on it - and since I'm plant engaged, contact writer, it seems equivalent this makes whatsoever of the kits I intellection were out of my cost ambit statesman cheap.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-21-2011, 05:49 PM
bandom55 bandom55 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Default Re: More on budget electronic drums

I don't need to drop it all, but that's the control. I'm a reputable participant and I'm at a tip where I'd equal to freedom with otherwise musicians in settings otherwise than the characteristic afford mic nights, so ideally whatever kit I get would be easily transportable. I'd be solon than happy with one that I could fit into a regular sports bag, but if that's not getable I've got a family of deployment bags I could use instead. I don't particularly deprivation to be purchasing used, but I'd view it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Be26 Be26 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 41
Default Re: More on budget electronic drums

I said BESIDE the spammer.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-22-2011, 11:24 PM
scorch whammin's Avatar
scorch whammin scorch whammin is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Savannah, GA USA
Posts: 1,012
Default Re: More on budget electronic drums

I'm a yamaha guy..so my choice would be easy...if your budget is around $1000-$1500...I'd get the DTX500..I just prefer Yamaha's module sounds over the other kits...and I have owned/played Roland v-drums (still do at church - td-20sx)...you might also want to consider used...you might find a used DTXtreme III at top of your range...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-23-2011, 12:34 AM
achdumeingute achdumeingute is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 149
Default Re: More on budget electronic drums

IMO it really depends on what you are trying to do. If you just want a small kit to practice on used Roland TD-3 makes sense. If you are "serious" then none of the lower end e-kits will cut it. Can't speak to yamaha, but on Roland IMO TD12 is lowest serious kit, at like 4k usd.

I don't know jack about yamahas...but IMO stick with Roland or yamaha as most say the quality of these is much better than others.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-03-2011, 06:57 PM
Thunderfm's Avatar
Thunderfm Thunderfm is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 24
Default Re: More on budget electronic drums

In your price range, the Traps E500 would be a good option. Full size mesh pads all round, metal hardware that feels pretty solid. It also has a proper moving hi-hat system rather than a fixed pad and pedal set-up.

You mentioned portability and I think traps are the only company that sell a set of bags for their kit so problem solved in that department! :-)

I would have a play on them first before you make the decision to empty your wallet.
__________________
-=Marky=-
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com