DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 07-28-2011, 06:07 AM
Silver Member

Default Hydraulic drum thorne questions

I have been looking into buying a hydraulic drum thorne as of late. I will be looking to buy one with a really cushiony seat. Does anybody know of one that will fit this bill?

Also, what would you say are the pro's and con's of a hydraulic throne?
Old 07-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Hydraulic drum thorne questions

As several people will tell you, Roc N Soc are very popular hydraulic thrones. I've owned one going on ten years now and I love the feel. It gives a bit under you as you play, so it's not like sitting on a rock. I also recommend the backrest, it's very nice. One word of warning, though; get the Nitro version with the tripod. Don't buy the Lunar five-feet fixed base unless you never move your throne (like to gigs, or stuff). It is a pain to fit in the car.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Gold Member

I have a Gibraltar hydraulic throne with back rest. I used to gig with the conventional throne and still use them in my studio for students. After spending 3 mo. in the hospital, I decided that hen I got back to playing I was going to be comfortable. Mine is collapsible and, though more cumbersome than the standard throne, it is still portable. It now has it's own case.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:42 PM

I have a Roc-N-Soc Nitro Throne (the one with the hydraulic tripod base), and it feels great. I don't think I ever find myself thinking about my seat and how I'm positioned on it anymore like I used to. And you can even pick the style of the seat itself (bicycle, tractor, round, or square). They are on the heavy side, which does make for a sturdy throne, but I've been thinking about getting a case for mine so it's not so awkward and heavy to carry.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:33 PM

Default Setting up Roc-n-Soc nitro throne

I'm posting this info. in case someone has the same difficulty that I had in setting up a Roc-n-Soc nitro throne. I put the seat on the base but couldn't get it to go up or down. The website did not have any instructions, so I called the company. The person there told me to remove the seat, fold the legs up, and turn the base upside down, pressing the protrusion in the center of the shaft on the floor. That pressure released the center shaft, which is the part that should move. After that, I put the seat on and unfolded the legs again. Now it works fine.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:46 PM
"Uncle Larry"

I had a Roc & Soc nitro throne. Loved the way it felt. Then the hydraulics failed on me mid song at a gig once, and I sunk lol. It lasted maybe 4 years.

Now I use the Roc & Soc spindle, just as comfy but no bounce. I like the tractor seat shape. I don't feel as if I sacrificed anything, comfort-wise. That throne will be here long past me. The only neg I have is the rubber feet rip after 5 years or so. No big deal.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Silver Member

I also use the RnS Nitro with tripod base. I absolutely love it.

MeetAtSundown.com
MAS on facebook