DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 07-24-2011, 03:17 AM

Default Yamaha DD-65 Kick Drum Pedal Difficulties

Hello all,

I'm new to this site as well as to drums. I've played bass for years, but have always wanted to play drums. My fiance recently bought me this electric drum set to start on, which is really perfect for me as far as sound and space considerations go.

However, the kick drum pedal is proving to be a bit of a nuisance. I have to hit the button pretty hard to make it sound (I can't do it while holding it in my hand and pressing down hard with my thumb), and there's a good chance that the button falls in some groove underneath my foot and it doesn't sound at all. I've put on sandles for some sort of hard surface, which helps a bit but it still happens. And I found that the pedal slides around a lot (it's on a hardwood floor) and because I'm now wearing sandles I can't feel where it's moving to and every couple of stomps it slides its way out from underneath my foot and I miss it completely. I had put a small rug underneath it to help grip it, but found the rug acted as a bit of a cushion and made it more difficult to hit the button and make it sound.

It's actually annoyed me quite a bit, I've thought about getting a real drum pedal and sliding the button-pedal underneath, but I also figured I would post my issue on here in case anyone has had any similar issues and/or has any ideas on how I could solve it.

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated,

Matt
Old 07-24-2011, 04:58 AM

Default Re: Yamaha DD-65 Kick Drum Pedal Difficulties

Nevermind, I made a cardboard cut-out that solves all of my issues and it cost me nothing... Back to drumming!
Old 10-18-2011, 09:32 AM

Default Re: Yamaha DD-65 Kick Drum Pedal Difficulties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty_H View Post
Hello all,

I'm new to this site as well as to drum lessons. I've played bass for years, but have always wanted to play drums. My fiance recently bought me this electric drum set to start on, which is really perfect for me as far as sound and space considerations go.

However, the kick drum pedal is proving to be a bit of a nuisance. I have to hit the button pretty hard to make it sound (I can't do it while holding it in my hand and pressing down hard with my thumb), and there's a good chance that the button falls in some groove underneath my foot and it doesn't sound at all. I've put on sandles for some sort of hard surface, which helps a bit but it still happens. And I found that the pedal slides around a lot (it's on a hardwood floor) and because I'm now wearing sandles I can't feel where it's moving to and every couple of stomps it slides its way out from underneath my foot and I miss it completely. I had put a small rug underneath it to help grip it, but found the rug acted as a bit of a cushion and made it more difficult to hit the button and make it sound.

It's actually annoyed me quite a bit, I've thought about getting a real drum pedal and sliding the button-pedal underneath, but I also figured I would post my issue on here in case anyone has had any similar issues and/or has any ideas on how I could solve it.

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated,

Matt
That's good that you have found a solution for the problem. But here is a video clip on creating a homemade pedal for your electric drum kit. Just thought that it could help you in the future. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns7ncD43r7o

Last edited by StephenC; 10-23-2011 at 06:14 PM.