DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 07-21-2011, 06:57 AM
Silver Member

Default Slingerland Yellowjacket

I picked up a Yellowjacket a while back for $3. I went pawnshopping, as I always do, and found it marked $39.99. I jokingly offered an employee $1. He said, "Make it $5 and you have a deal". I countered with $3 and took it home. This is one of the few pawn shop deals I have been able to get in the past few years, save my $10 LM400. Everyone is too hip to eBay now! It has been on my ekit for practice duty, but I really like this pedal. I have been using the same IC double (set up as a single 99% of the time) for the better part of 10 years, but this pedal feels great. I have always preferred a stiffer pedal feel and this sure delivers. I don't think I will be throwing out my IC, but this pedal will replace my other IC single as my new stage back up. Weird eh? Anybody else have one?
Old 07-21-2011, 08:15 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Slingerland Yellowjacket

When I played Slingerland as a kid, and use to pour over the 1976 and 1978 catalogs, I use to want a Yellowjacket. But mom and dad thought the Slingerland Tempo King I had was good enough for me ;)

When I did my first upgrade to Tama's Superstars in 1983, I got into the King Beat pedal - if anyone remembers that monster and how non-speedy it was!
Old 07-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Slingerland Yellowjacket

cool. the yellowjacket came w/ my first "real" drumset in '78. previous versions were cobbled together drums w/ a speedking & really liked the yellowjacket in A vs. B.