DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Old 01-09-2015, 05:55 PM

Default Matt Griener anyone..?

Post what you know or what you want to know about one of the most amazing drummers of the present time! August burns Red!
Vic Firth, Pro mark
Old 01-09-2015, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Matt Griener anyone..?

All I know is that I've been trying to play White Washed perfectly for so long now that it's starting to really annoy me.

I haven't had one perfect run yet, its by far the hardest song I've tried to learn to play. I've come close, but not quite. Anyway, Matt is an amazing drummer and a good person who is confident in his faith too.

Last edited by Gertz; 01-09-2015 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:28 AM
Gold Member

I've got a couple of ABR CD's. Matt's a great drummer. I don't think I'll ever be able to play most of their music.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertz View Post
All I know is that I've been trying to play White Washed perfectly for so long now that it's starting to really annoy me.

I haven't had one perfect run yet, its by far the hardest song I've tried to learn to play. I've come close, but not quite. Anyway, Matt is an amazing drummer and a good person who is confident in his faith too.
its all in the dotted quarter note lol...for the beginning at least. His drumming is very challenging and hard to recreate.
Vic Firth, Pro mark
Old 01-11-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted View Post
its all in the dotted quarter note lol...for the beginning at least. His drumming is very challenging and hard to recreate.
Yeah. It wouldn't be so hard for me except I'm new to the double bass pedal as I only got my first one a couple months ago. My left foot feels retarded when I try to go fast. Which could possibly be partially because the pedal I bought is a kinda shitty one that I just wanted to learn a bit on. Eventually I'll hope to get a speed cobra or something like that and we'll see how big of a difference that makes.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertz View Post
Yeah. It wouldn't be so hard for me except I'm new to the double bass pedal as I only got my first one a couple months ago. My left foot feels retarded when I try to go fast. Which could possibly be partially because the pedal I bought is a kinda shitty one that I just wanted to learn a bit on. Eventually I'll hope to get a speed cobra or something like that and we'll see how big of a difference that makes.
Yeah totally gocha....once i got my DW 3000 double bass pedal everything felt a lot easier in a way. Practice is key though.
Vic Firth, Pro mark
Old 01-13-2015, 05:39 PM

I love his drumming it stands out in a sea of metal drummers.

I've been trying to learn "Provision" for a while and wow are his drum tracks ever complicated! I'm learning 7/8 as I go and so far it's been a good challenge song for me, something that I can work towards.

I'm not so sure I like his choice of disregarding his ride bell for a custom Z bell. It sounds too light for my taste and doesn't have the impact I like hearing from a bell.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:10 PM

Kid is from my town, I've seen him around the local drum store Drum's Etc (he teaches there). Every time I see his VF, etc ads I can't believe it! Great drummer.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard.Awesome View Post
Kid is from my town, I've seen him around the local drum store Drum's Etc (he teaches there). Every time I see his VF, etc ads I can't believe it! Great drummer.
Dude...no way....my family goes to Pennsylvania every year and i always always stop in and pick some stuff up. Are we talking about the same store...? Thats crazy hahaha
Vic Firth, Pro mark
Old 01-22-2015, 11:12 AM

Oh man there's soooo much to say about Greiner...his composing is just phenomenal as well as his personality. Well that goes for all the guys of ABR, probably the most humble guys I've ever met.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZVkk4CWq8k

Here's a live video of composure from 2009