DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 06-28-2011, 07:05 AM

Default My Catalina Ash Version 2

Well i finally got the add on toms for my drums, so now i have 8, 10, 12, 13" rack toms and a 14 and 16" floor tom.

Im still messing around with getting the toms in a comfortable position, i think that for sure im going to be needing a rack for this setup.But so far this is the most comfortable and the setup that lets me move around it quite easily

Old 06-28-2011, 08:48 PM

Default Re: My Catalina Ash Version 2

Wow, dude you need to move that rack setup way over to the left. Otherwise your ride access is very limited. On a lighter note, nice kit and cool add-on, I think it's always nice to own a lot of different sizes.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:55 PM

Well, I'm 6'2 withgorilla arms. So far that's very comfortable for me. After the pic I moved around the ride/crash so they weren't so close. Believe it or not, in that position I don't have to reach for anything
Old 06-29-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimento View Post
Well, I'm 6'2 withgorilla arms. So far that's very comfortable for me. After the pic I moved around the ride/crash so they weren't so close. Believe it or not, in that position I don't have to reach for anything
So you can you play the bell on the ride, and that floor tom comfortably? If so that's pretty impressive lol..
Old 06-29-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimento View Post
I'm 6'2" also but I can't imagine that's comfortable.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:17 PM

I lowered the A custom ride a bit and moved it a bit closer, but the floor toms are in an easy to reach spot, no problems rolling across all my toms at all, i dont use the Avedis bell, i never really liked that sound, but i did move it about 2" closer and can reach it if the mood ever strikes lol.

At the end of the day i do plan on buying a rack of some sort, or at least buying some clamps that will let me pull my toms off of the bass drum, thats the real hindrance. But for now, im actually happy with this. Though when i look at the pictures, i have no idea how lol.