DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 06-22-2011, 06:16 PM

Default Speed Cobra

I'd been testing out the Speed Cobra among various other pedals over the last few weeks. And after testing nearly every pedal in price range I decided to go with my original choice of the Tama speed cobra.

I loved the way it felt at Guitar Center, and I also tried one at a local music store. I purchased the pedal the other day, and this is my second day using it. I will proudly say that I will NEVER put my foot on another pedal unless it's a long board.

I don't know if it's my playing technique or just personal preference, but this pedal has really made everything I play so much easier. With every other pedal I've ever owned, I've felt like I was having to force a lot of notes, and playing at high speeds wore me out.

The speed cobra has really changed the feel of playing for me. And for the price of it, nobody can complain about this pedal.

My point is, if any of you are interested in the Speed Cobra, I highly reccomend it. And I will honestly say, the price IS NOT the only reason these things are flying off the shelves.
Tama pedals
PDP stands
Remo drum heads
Old 06-23-2011, 02:38 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Speed Cobra

+1 on that, it is the best pedal that I have owned so far, well made smooth, and quiet! but its all personal preference,
Old 06-23-2011, 08:16 AM

I have the Power Glide Cobra and it is absolutely amazing. I also don't ever want another pedal. My most treasured drum possesion for sure.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:13 PM

For the first time, I feel like I have a pedal that I don't have to fight with. I tried the Seed Cobra, Iron Cobras, Pearl Demon Drives, I even sat down at some Axis (although they were way outta' my price range.) The Speed Cobra has the smooth pedal for my slides and swivels, and the long board makes playing with power so easy without having to using any extra effort. As long as you're making a good accurate stroke, I find it hard to believe this pedal could be played quietly.
Tama pedals
PDP stands
Remo drum heads