DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 06-15-2011, 03:23 AM
Platinum Member

Default Help with an axis pedal

Ok, I have here an Axis AX single that I scored off my local Craigslist. It has served me quite well but I am getting a little frustrated with the spring.

Name:  axis 1.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  50.4 KB

I'm no expert but it looks like that is an aftermarket hardware store number that has been crudely attached to my pedal. The strange thing is that instead of a bar that the spring hooks to there is an eyelet for the spring. I have a new spring which I ordered from Axis bit it is too thick for the eyelet. I'm guessing its an older model.

Name:  axis 2.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  53.3 KB

Also, I'm guessing that this whole mess is something from the hardware store also.

Name:  axis 3.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  60.8 KB

Here is the hoop clamp assembly, it also looks nothing like the ones I've seen in Axis' diagrams. http://www.axispercussion.com/images...ust_pg1_lg.jpg

Sooo... My question if I can order a new "Spring assembly" (see the link above) to accommodate this new spring or modify the current one. I have already emailed Axis about it and they were less than helpful. I think I'll try again with these new pictures.

Thanks. I appreciate any help.

Edit: Forgot to ask, if any of you Axis gurus have a more helpful contact over at Axis. I tried the "info@" email and they told me to try a different email. Unfortunately I deleted their response out of frustration.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:03 AM

Default Re: Help with an axis pedal

Hmm. Looks like somebody did a little home mod to that pedal. You should go ahead and get a whole new spring assembly. It looks like the hoop clamp assembly is missing the screw used to tighten it and the spring that it rests on.

Call 310-549-1171 and they will send you what you need.
I have never had a problem with Axis customer service.
Sometimes they will not charge you for replacement pieces and you only have to pay for shipping.

Also remember to keep all the moving parts clean and lubed with lithium grease to keep anything from wearing out or breaking.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:27 AM

Default Re: Help with an axis pedal

+1 on calling directly. They are a surprisingly small company for how well known they are but I can testify that they place their customers' needs first.

*edit* That hoop clamp is one of their designs but it looks like you may be missing some parts. It might be worth considering to contact them and ship your pedal to them with an explanation on how you came to own it and ask what it needs to be brought up to spec.