DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 05-27-2011, 01:35 AM

Default Hi Hat Tambourine Mute

Hello all!

I would like a high hat tambourine like the many that are available currently but would love to have some sort of mute that could be triggered by a switch or drop-clutch of some sort (so the jangle sound could be turned on or off, in essence).

I am wondering if there is anything on the market or if anyone has any construction ideas.

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2011, 11:37 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Hi Hat Tambourine Mute

that's a tricky one. First thing that comes to mind would be a wide strip of elastic, eg 3 inches or so, sewn into a loop just big enough to stretch over the tambourine and hold the jingles still. I've seen girls wearing these head band things, it's like a stretchy tube. Not foot controlled but it should work. Get a nice bright pink one with flowers and fake gemstones.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Hi Hat Tambourine Mute

Haha, could probably do without the flowers and jewels, but thanks for the suggestion! I could see stretching a headband or something of the sort around so it makes contact with all the jingles. But for all that, might as well take the tambourine off for the jingle-less songs. Thanks again. Some sort of "mute clutch" would be a good idea for a new product IMHO!