DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 05-20-2011, 10:10 AM

Default MultiClamp Question

I'm in the process of buying a rack for my kit. Right now the toms are mounted off of the bass drum using this Mapex I.T.S. Mounting System, which is basically a double tom mount with a hole in the middle for a boom shaft/arm.

My question is will a single multiclamp be able to hold up dual tom holder or do i need to mount them separately on two tom holders?
Old 05-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: MultiClamp Question

It depends ever so slightly on the size and weight of the toms you are suspending, and if you're doing any weird angles... but I have used a single multiclamp to hold up a 10" and 12" tom with a double mount off a rack before.

In fact, using a super-multiclamp (the one Gibraltar offers that has the extra-deep mounting area) I have clamped a short rack pipe on a cymbal stand and suspended a 14" and 16" tom and three cymbals (14", 18" and 20").

This should not be any problem. I would recommend using a memory lock on the clamp, though.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:20 PM
sticks4drums

Default Re: MultiClamp Question

Myself I would mount each one separately on there own Mapex tom arm held by separate rack clamps. That way you can have more control over each one separately. I use 8 separate Mapex tom arms on my rack and I love them.