DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Old 03-13-2008, 02:21 AM

Default Re: Chris Pennie

Hello. I just wanted to mention that the transcription of the Sugar Coated Sour intro on Chris Pennie's Drummerworld page is incorrect. The first bar is right, but the second bar is 6/4 not 5/4, there are two notes missing!
Old 03-16-2008, 11:49 PM

Coheed And Cambria has been one of my favorite bands for some time. I generally dislike Chris Pennie, because he took the place of Josh Eppard, who i loved.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:39 AM
Silver Member

I actually missed Chris this past Friday. He frequents the same drum shop as I do. In fact, his hometown is about 15 minutes from my house.

Needless to say I was like "OHHH DARN!!" to one of the storekeepers when he told me he was in there 2 hours before me.

I like his style, certainly a powerhouse with dynamics.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connorcor1 View Post
Coheed And Cambria has been one of my favorite bands for some time. I generally dislike Chris Pennie, because he took the place of Josh Eppard, who i loved.
But didn't Eppard leave the band as opposed to being kicked out?
Old 03-27-2008, 07:11 PM

hey trip, do you go to jersey drums? im from jersey also and go there sometimes. i wouldnt mind running into him.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bananagrabber View Post
Dude that IS total BS, i know the band eighthnerve (i saw brett last night) and they have nothing to do with chris pennie, will has always been their drummer. They are great, i can't believe i just found a post about them! even if it was BS.

Anyway, i am so annoyed that chris has left DEP... for coheed? come on! i'm Gil will be sick but its just so disappointing.
Sorry Dude, I posted the wrong link. And you are wrong. First here is my posting...
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=294050449

Second, go to...

www.myspace.com/dhpz

Everyone thinks they know everything, but all they really know is contempt prior to investigation.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:45 PM

I don't play drums and usually I have no interest in discussing drumming, but I've joined these here forums just so I can make a point of saying how fantastic Chris Pennie is. I saw Coheed & Cambria on their Neverender tour in London a couple of weeks ago. For those of you not familliar with the Neverender concept, basically Coheed played 4 nights in a row playing one of their albums each night.

Well, Chris was amazing for the whole week. He had every little thing from every album down perfectly, his new fills in the old songs sound amazing, and he blew my mind with his (10-minute) solo during the extended version of The Final Cut. I was always optimistic about Chris joining the band, but now it feels like he's part of it. He ain't just the amazingly talanted new guy any more.

Also he's a really nice guy, I got a chance to speak to him after I saw Coheed in January and he was telling me all about how he'd been learning the entire back catalouge and which songs he liked playing... I could go on for ages about how great this guy is but I'll stop now.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:16 AM

Default Does anybody know how Chris Pennie tunes his snare drum ?

Hey guys, I'm a huge fan of Chris Pennie and was watching the Coheed and Cambria Neverender concert dvd and I love his snare sound! If anybody has an idea or tips or anything like that would be great!