DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 05-01-2011, 10:52 PM

Default Lowest Mass, Most Resonate Lugs.

Tube lugs? Or what? I am looking for the lowest mass lugs that help the drum Resonate as much as possible.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:59 AM
audiotech

Default Re: Lowest Mass, Most Resonate Lugs.

In my opinion the lowest mass lugs would be the Yamaha Nouveau lugs which are installed on my Maple Custom Absolute set of drums. It uses a single hole through the shell which the lugs slip around the stud. This causes the shells to vibrate more freely. I truly feel this is one of the primary reasons these drums sound spectacular.

Dennis
Old 05-02-2011, 03:53 AM

For mass priuced lugs, tube lugs are. A few companies have come out with better ones but they're proprietary lugs and you have to buy their drums.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:39 PM

COB---while the Yamaha lugs may do the trick, you'll not likely get to buy any. If I understand you correctly, it sounds like you are looking to buy lugs that you can build a custom kit with for yourself. Correct? If so, I'd highly recommend www.egodrumsupply.com as they have several single hole lugs that will have the smallest footprint available on your shells. They even have a single hole (meaning using only one screw per lug) double ended snare lug. Simply place in the center of the snare shell with one screw but it still has the strength to allow you to tune your snare properly. The lugs will actually have a footprint smaller than a dime on your shells and coupled with suspension mounts for your toms, you should be able to get a very resonant tom sound. Best of luck with your search and build.
Attached Images