DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 04-22-2011, 10:46 PM

Default Alesis DM5 and Metronome?

Just recently I've purchased an Alesis DM5 and I knew beforehand that it doesn't come with a built in metronome. So, does anyone have any ideas as to how I can listen to the triggers AND a metronome on my headphones at the same time? I tried looking for metronomes with outputs, sort of like a guitar pedal, that would allow me to connect it between the drum module and my headphones but I don't even know if that sort of thing exists. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 04-23-2011, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Alesis DM5 and Metronome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJgrind View Post
Just recently I've purchased an Alesis DM5 and I knew beforehand that it doesn't come with a built in metronome. So, does anyone have any ideas as to how I can listen to the triggers AND a metronome on my headphones at the same time? I tried looking for metronomes with outputs, sort of like a guitar pedal, that would allow me to connect it between the drum module and my headphones but I don't even know if that sort of thing exists. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Get a $50 Beringer 4 channel mixer at guitar center. Hook up both the alesis and your metronome to any two channels, and you will have it all on your headphones. With that you can also hook up your mp3 player or laptop to a third channel and play along to songs, all through your headphone. With this mixer (or any other for that matter) you have individual volume, gain, treble, and bass tuning controls for all channels, so you will have a lot of flexibility to tune it to your liking.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:40 AM

Default Re: Alesis DM5 and Metronome?

That's just the kind of thing I'm looking for. Thanks for the great suggestion!