DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 04-05-2011, 03:10 PM

Default Sonor Force 3007 users - what heads are you using?

I just received my new Sonor Force 3007 shell pack yesterday and I'm extremely happy with them except for one thing - the heads that came on them. They're the chinese Remo UT heads which are not the best head choice for these drums (or for any drums) in my opinion. I play rock/classic rock and I currently use Remo pin stripes/G1's on my Premier kit. I do prefer the sound of 2 ply heads...

For the new 3007 kit, I'm leaning towards going with clear G2's batter/G1's resos. I just wanted to see what everyone else is using and what genre of music they're playing with their head choice.

Okay, I performed a search and got some answers, but I was hoping for some more input as to what music they're playing vs head choice.

Last edited by SAINTDRUMS; 04-05-2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: performed a search!
Old 04-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Sonor Force 3007 users - what heads are you using?

When I played those I put a Remo Powerstroke 3 on the bass drum, and white coated vitnage emperors top and bottom on the toms and snare and that kit rocked. You'll be extremely pleased with the results from any pro heads on that kit I believe.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:27 PM

On my 3007 's I'm currently running coated G2's over Coated G1's on my toms. On the BD I have a clear EMAD 2 on the batter and a coated white EQ 3 on the reso. It gives me the sound a pitch I look for.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:04 AM
Silver Member

Coated Ambassadors over G Pluses. I want to try the Ambassador Xs on top eventually.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:30 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. What genre of music did you play with your head selection? It seems that a coated head is the common denominator.

On a tangent, Bo - I saw your demo of your safari kit. Very nice playing. Nice touch and feel!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Platinum Member

I have a 3005, not a 3007, but I'll chime in anyway. I've tried a bunch of heads on this kit, but the best ones I've found (for me) on the toms are Clear Pinstripes over Clear Ambassadors. Punch, clarity, tone and just the right amount of dampened oomph!

Coated G2 over Clear G1 proved nice too, as did Coated EC2 over Clear G1. However, the Clear EC2 over Clear G1 was a pretty horrible mess of plasticy attack and no tone.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Eder View Post
When I played those I put a Remo Powerstroke 3 on the bass drum, and white coated vitnage emperors top and bottom on the toms and snare and that kit rocked. You'll be extremely pleased with the results from any pro heads on that kit I believe.
Same with me although I still have an Evans on the bass drum but for my money definatly Remo Emperor Coated, I had EC2 coated and they sounded good but I think the Remo work better. Did keep the EC2 resonate though.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:38 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAINTDRUMS View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. What genre of music did you play with your head selection? It seems that a coated head is the common denominator.

On a tangent, Bo - I saw your demo of your safari kit. Very nice playing. Nice touch and feel!
Thank you very much for watching! And that was with the stock heads that came with the kit!
Old 04-22-2011, 11:48 PM
Silver Member

Im using clear ambassadors for resos and coated emperors for batters. The sound is quite dry, but they do sound good, the floor tom sounds really nice, very low tuned for a 14". I think im gonna try having clear ambassadors as batters too next time I do a full replacement.