DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 03-26-2011, 05:27 PM

Default metronome w/ voice ?

when I had simmons digital drums, the only thing I really liked about it, was the option to use the "voice" on the metronome---the actual human voice that goes " one tow three four" instead of the click...after I sold those drums and got an acoustic set, I bought korg metronome, and I just cannot get used to playing to the CLANG! click click CLANG! click click. it grates on me, and I loose my place. what is a decent moderately priced metronome with the voice option ? thanks in advance.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:14 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: metronome w/ voice ?

I think actual physical metronomes are going out of fashion. You should try computer metronome apps that can do *anything* and will probably cost you less. You just hook your earphones to the device that's running the app as if it were a metronome. Google this stuff, I'm sure you'll come up with quite some info.

Fox.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:04 AM
audiotech

Default Re: metronome w/ voice ?

The only metronome with a voice option that I know of is the BOSS DB-90. It has a total of four different options. It is fairly expensive though, about $150 USD. It's sitting between my hi hats and 8" rack tom.

Dennis