DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Old 11-05-2006, 01:10 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Chris Adler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat
Not tuesday, my bad, I meant monday - at the CIA in Cardiff. It was all messed up there though, sound was awful and I think there were some monitor issues, because there were quite a few mistakes..or nuances, rather.

Slayer were actually quieter than the other bands. Ya rly.

Me and a mate are gonna swing by london at the end of the Unholy tour to see them again .
Both Slayer and LOG were very very tight in Manc. Bodom were a bit sloppy but the other two were relatively tight, I don't like In Flames much and they were playing when I met LOG anyway so I'm not totally sure how well their set went. The sound was muddy as hell for Thine Eyes Bleed but they sounded pretty decent.

But back to Chris Adler, very good drummer with a good groove and a very modest guy as well.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:27 AM

Chris is definitely a great drummer, not amazing, but great nonetheless..... Joey Jordison on the other hand is given more credit than deserved, I'm not saying he is bad (although I don't like him), but his drumming on most of their cds is basic (straight double bass, triplets, and the occasional blast beat)...... I got the drummer magazine with him in it and took the music downstairs (to my drums) and tried and had a rough (I eventually got it) on the other hand i can listen to slipknot and get it first try. idk that is just my opinion
Old 11-06-2006, 11:36 AM

Sorry, a bit off-topic here but does anyone from NZ or anywhere for that matter know if LoG are going to be coming to NZ while they are in Australia?
Old 11-06-2006, 02:14 PM

I kinda look up to Chris Adler as he didnt start drummin til around the age of 17 (which i did),and while practisin had to work full time still (like me :P) and now i believe es an amazing drummer. He has the ability to go at blinding speeds with both hands and feets, but unlike a large amount of metal drummers he chooses not to do constant 32nds,but puts it to musical use. The main reason i started listening to LOG was his drumming and there now one of mi ave bands. I think hes a very talented guy,easily on parr (in my opinion better) than jordison
Old 11-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by defunkt
Sorry, a bit off-topic here but does anyone from NZ or anywhere for that matter know if LoG are going to be coming to NZ while they are in Australia?
Don't think so. Have a look on their tour dates on their website. I thought they did Oz before Europe?
Old 11-16-2006, 05:20 PM

I'm loving the drumming in descending.

actually overall I'm lovin that entire song....who am I kidding the new album is killer.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:16 PM

Yup yup that album is just amazing,epecially for the drumming talent on display
Old 11-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Gold Member

To be honest, i wasnt overjoyed with the new album. In regards to drums and guitars, it was gnarly, great ideas all the way through. But as far as vocal arrangements were concerned it was very similar, i think along with the vocal 'rhythm' on some tracks, very samey or maybe it's just me.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:52 PM

hey do any of you guys know what that china sounding splash is on his left, definetly not a meinl, has paiste logo on it.

may the forks be with you.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:53 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_vater89 View Post
hey do any of you guys know what that china sounding splash is on his left, definetly not a meinl, has paiste logo on it.

may the forks be with you.
I think it may be a flanger bell http://paiste.com/products/cymbals/s...percussive.php

Old 12-21-2006, 10:08 PM

Chris Adler in my opinion is by far one of the best drummers in the world. He has an amazing ability to lash out rythyms that, although complicated, dont fly over your head and make it impossible to find a beat. I hate those drummer who just for the sake of showing off talent make incredibly complicated (and honestly, kinda stupid) rythyms.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:41 PM

ha, victory is mine,

many thanks top cat

p.s - where did u get the awesome zelda logo from. link is like my idol.

may the forks be with you
Old 12-22-2006, 12:26 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_vater89 View Post
ha, victory is mine,

many thanks top cat

p.s - where did u get the awesome zelda logo from. link is like my idol.

may the forks be with you
I got it from the interweb. Zelda is the best thing ever. EVER.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:31 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
To be honest, i wasnt overjoyed with the new album. In regards to drums and guitars, it was gnarly, great ideas all the way through. But as far as vocal arrangements were concerned it was very similar, i think along with the vocal 'rhythm' on some tracks, very samey or maybe it's just me.
TopCat - did you happen to see the DVD that came with the special edition CD? It is very cool to watch and it may hold the answer to why the vocals sound the way they do. Machine(the producer) had a huge influence on the vocals on this album. It actually kinda makes you appreciate what he made Randy do for the album. I like Sacrament a lot but Ashes is the sh*t!!!! Sacrament seemed a little too produced for me but I still love it! If you are a fan I know you would love the DVD. Have a great holiday!!!!!
Old 02-03-2007, 08:13 PM

Damn, i just found out something weird!

Chris Adler was born in 1972, and according to this page (http://www.meinlcymbals.com/adler/), he started drumming in 1994 (he was 22!!!)

can this be true?
Old 02-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tynn View Post
Damn, i just found out something weird!

Chris Adler was born in 1972, and according to this page (http://www.meinlcymbals.com/adler/), he started drumming in 1994 (he was 22!!!)

can this be true?
It is true....he played bass before that. He has only been playing like 11 years. Wicked isn't it!!
Old 02-03-2007, 10:22 PM

i love this band becuase Chris just doesnt use single 16ths rolls the whole time. and im glad that he is on this site.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Silver Member

He has some cool stuff, but it gets to repetive in my opinion, and he looks way to stiff, like he struggles to play, i hate that,
Old 02-04-2007, 12:53 AM

Well, it's just that he's definitely the special one. There's something about his way of playing. A lot of people like LoG mostly because of their drumming. It's just that he makes the music interesting. And he perfectly knows where to add this and where to add that to make the stuff sound great. He's got a feeling of what he does.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:26 AM
Platinum Member

Additional info and maybe even chat with Chris -> http://www.centerstagem.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=33

My Kit Latest Update
Old 03-24-2007, 06:24 PM

Default Chris Adler

Isnt chris sponsored by menil? So why does he have a paiste? 12th picture down And what series is the cymbal?http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Chris_Adler.html

Last edited by tooldrums1000; 03-24-2007 at 06:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Platinum Member

Yes, he is meinl endorser, but he uses the flanger cymbal as and add on.

Meinl allow him to do this under the condition that he has no affiliation with them.

like Neil Peart using wuhan chinas years back.

I think Adler uses a Lang flanger now anyway....

Im back (unofficialy) with Pro.Mark Drumsticks. (TX5ABW)
Old 03-29-2007, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutin View Post
Yeah he's awesome. I have ashes of the wake. It's just nothing different from most metal drummers though. It's starting to get to me how samey metal is these days.
I disagree with that. Chris Adler's style is unique to metal i dont know where you pulled that. Please introduce me to a metal band with similar drumming, because iv never heard one.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:48 AM

i dont listen to chris that much.. mostly cuz i havnt got into lamb of god yet... i figure i eventualy will. but anywho what are some good druming songs of his that i can check out.
and exaclty what makes him better as some say than bittner ?
Old 06-01-2007, 11:26 PM

Default Chris Adler

Chris Adler is the drummer for the metalcore band Lamb of God, sorry if this has been posted previously but this guy seriously needs a mention! his feet are super fast yet very very steady! I love his fills too, he is just immense!

P.S. i need to commend everyone on this forum, I've just regsitered and it seems like a very good forum to discuss in! no arguments like on other forums!
Old 06-01-2007, 11:39 PM

Yeah, he's one of my favorite drummers! I like his style ;) He's one of my top favorite Metal drummers. And his feet are very solid.

Joe
Old 06-02-2007, 12:43 PM

his best drumming songs in my opinion anyway is probably 11th hour, Ruin......blood of the scribe, love them songs.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:25 PM

Quote:
The singer seems a bit of a bastard in the NYGSTDF video. Maybe because he's drunk. I must say I prefer Chimaira to Lamb of god. Andols Herrick was awesome and Kevin Talley is great.
your right, they're both awsome drummers! any threads on them on this forum?
Old 06-02-2007, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooldrums1000 View Post
Isnt chris sponsored by menil? So why does he have a paiste? 12th picture down And what series is the cymbal?http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Chris_Adler.html
now chris uses a Soundcaster Custom 12' Distortion Splash wich meinl designed as a replacement for the Paiste Flanger Bell
solo from 0:52 to 1:25 is my favourite
Old 06-03-2007, 08:59 PM

i really like Chris Adler not a huge Lamb of God fan though but he's really good
he has an amazing groove that isn't often seen in metal
Old 06-07-2007, 02:08 AM
Gold Member

Did you see that Chris won best metal drummer in Modern Drummer for his performance on Sacrament?

Very well deserved. There are a lot of metal drummers out there that are faster and have more "talent", but I do not think there is one who has his style.

I love his groove. There hasn't been groove like this in metal since Vinnie Paul.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:30 AM

Hello guys, i have a question for all of you, i hope you could help me..
At 2003 hellfest Chris plays with Zildjian cymbal set, i guess its avedis or smth.. so my queestion is:
WHAT RIDE DID HE USE THERE ?
and if someone knows his full cymbal set for that concert..
Or maybe can say some other ride cymbals like he's playing there, because i need concrete ping, fast ride an bell patterns, so you know what i mean, every note must sound clearly for me..
thanx in advance.

p.s. a custom ping ride ?
Old 06-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Pioneer Member

"Chris Adler uses Saturn Series Mapex drums,12 inch Mapex Black Panther Birdseye-Maple snare, Gibraltar hardware, Aquarian drumheads, Axis Pedals and Meinl Percussion cymbals. He also designed his own 24" Meinl MB20 signature pure metal ride cymbal, as well as his own 'Chris Adler' Pro-Mark drum sticks.

Chris no longer uses a Paiste Flanger Bell. Meinl made Chris a custom "Distortion splash" and now uses that in place of the Paiste."

There we go. I saw Lamb of God on the 7th along with Chimaira and Machine head, itwas amazing. I saw Chris after but didn't get to speak, he was playing really tightly. He still has the problem of not being able to hear the snare in some fills though, but ah well.

http://www.myspace.com/thisurlisoccupied
Old 06-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Senior Consultant

I hate his drum sound. His snare sounds like a toy and his kicks are totally triggered and fake-sounding.

Lamb of God reminds me of the easy-guitar version of Slayer. Some of the guitar parts sound like a 14 year old wrote them. A band like Strapping Young Lad with Gene Hoglan on drums or Mastodon with Brann Dailor leaves them in the dust.

Frankly, I think that both he and Bittner are way overrated. The little kids who buy their records are the same ones that vote 40 times in the MD poll.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:18 PM

Quote:
"Chris Adler uses Saturn Series Mapex drums,12 inch Mapex Black Panther Birdseye-Maple snare, Gibraltar hardware, Aquarian drumheads, Axis Pedals and Meinl Percussion cymbals. He also designed his own 24" Meinl MB20 signature pure metal ride cymbal, as well as his own 'Chris Adler' Pro-Mark drum sticks.

Chris no longer uses a Paiste Flanger Bell. Meinl made Chris a custom "Distortion splash" and now uses that in place of the Paiste."

There we go. I saw Lamb of God on the 7th along with Chimaira and Machine head, itwas amazing. I saw Chris after but didn't get to speak, he was playing really tightly. He still has the problem of not being able to hear the snare in some fills though, but ah well.
I meant ..what cymbals did he used in 2003 hellfest
Old 06-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Almeyda View Post
Frankly, I think that both he and Bittner are way overrated. The little kids who buy their records are the same ones that vote 40 times in the MD poll.
Bingo, they're the new Joey Jordison's.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Silver Member

Quote:

I beg to differ. Adler is a very creative drummer. Go pick up the latest DRUM and check out some of his drum parts. Go play those drum parts at their proper tempos and tell me he is overrated. I do not think he is the best drummer by any means but he plays beautifully for the music and for a guy who has only played for 11 years...he aint that bad!! I guess I am one of those 35 year old "little" kids who voted for him too.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Senior Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapex589 View Post
I beg to differ. Adler is a very creative drummer. Go pick up the latest DRUM and check out some of his drum parts. Go play those drum parts at their proper tempos and tell me he is overrated. I do not think he is the best drummer by any means but he plays beautifully for the music and for a guy who has only played for 11 years...he aint that bad!! I guess I am one of those 35 year old "little" kids who voted for him too.
I have to give the guy credit when it's due. He did start at a very late age.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:27 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
I hate his drum sound. His snare sounds like a toy and his kicks are totally triggered and fake-sounding.

Lamb of God reminds me of the easy-guitar version of Slayer.
I saw them live on Thursday and he uses no triggers, they were all miked up and I couldn't believe it myself. His snare gives a great attacking sound IMO.

And Lamb of gods guitar riffs are really hard compared to Slayer, I play guitar myself, and Slayers riffs have nothing on Lamb of God in terms of intricacy. Slayers riffs do have some fast picking and at most times are awesome, but LOG have much more intricate Lt. hand work, I've never even bothered learning their riffs.

http://www.myspace.com/thisurlisoccupied
Old 06-11-2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:

Lamb of God reminds me of the easy-guitar version of Slayer. Some of the guitar parts sound like a 14 year old wrote them. A band like Strapping Young Lad with Gene Hoglan on drums or Mastodon with Brann Dailor leaves them in the dust.

Firstly about your guitar comment, thats just plain and simply wrong. Either you have no idea about metal or you havnt listened to the band properly.

Secondly that comment (totally triggered and fake-sounding) is also just wrong. Where do you get this stuff? If you are referring to recording quality, LOGs early recordings arnt the best of quality, but ashes of the wake and sacrament are brilliant, both production and skill wise.

Check him ou on youtube:
Now youve got something to die for
Hourglass

Your opinion on his drum sound is fair enough, but i think you need to give the band some more listening to before you make comments like that.