DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-28-2011, 06:24 AM
aydee aydee is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,306
Default Gergo Borlai

...

Thaard turned me on on to this guy, and I think he is amazing.

If Vinnie and Dennis had a baby, it would be him. ( He cites them both as a major influence )

solo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fugNZPZe1U

playing with the great Scott Kinsey & Gary Willis:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD31J...ayer_embedded#

PS- Think B has a page on him.

...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Thaard's Avatar
Thaard Thaard is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,424
Default Re: Gergo Borlai

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
...

Thaard turned me on on to this guy, and I think he is amazing.

If Vinnie and Dennis had a baby, it would be him. ( He cites them both as a major influence )

solo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fugNZPZe1U

playing with the great Scott Kinsey & Gary Willis:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD31J...ayer_embedded#

PS- Think B has a page on him.

...
Yo Abe, I already made a thread on him! :P
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=65935
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-28-2011, 01:37 PM
aydee aydee is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,306
Default Re: Gergo Borlai

Oops, sorry. Maybe a drummer like him needs two threads. He's that good! ; )

PS- Thaard, chk out all his stuff with Kinsey. You will like, I think...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Thaard's Avatar
Thaard Thaard is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,424
Default Re: Gergo Borlai

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
Oops, sorry. Maybe a drummer like him needs two threads. He's that good! ; )

PS- Thaard, chk out all his stuff with Kinsey. You will like, I think...
Yea, he needs atleast 20 threads ;)
Yea, I've seen the Kinsey stuff(also I think theres some on his DW page).
Kinsey is the keyboardist of Tribal Tech right? If so, I think it's immensely cool that they play together.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-29-2011, 03:20 AM
aydee aydee is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,306
Default Re: Gergo Borlai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaard View Post
Yea, he needs atleast 20 threads ;)
Yea, I've seen the Kinsey stuff(also I think theres some on his DW page).
Kinsey is the keyboardist of Tribal Tech right? If so, I think it's immensely cool that they play together.
Aye, Kinsey is the Tribal Tech guy though now I think they've disbanded and do their own projects. Btw, turns out Gergo is a great mimic too. Here he does a great imitation of Kirk Covington, the ultra expressive Tribal Tech drummer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OcK1IhHs2M


.........hysterical

...

Last edited by aydee; 01-29-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-29-2011, 02:17 PM
Thaard's Avatar
Thaard Thaard is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,424
Default Re: Gergo Borlai

Hehehe, that's pretty funny!
He just needs to grow a beard and put on a few pounds.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-19-2011, 02:46 AM
artisandrummer artisandrummer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 62
Default Re: Gergo Borlai

It seems that Eastern Europe is producing some awesome, amazing, immortal drummers. Borlai can do with just a 4 piece kit what I've seen drummers do with 10. Check out Jost Nickel too...Simply inspiring!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-19-2011, 06:32 PM
GrooveDrummer GrooveDrummer is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 17
Default Re: Gergo Borlai

Remarkable player! His control and dynamics is flawless!
__________________
Regards
Groove Drummer
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-19-2011, 06:53 PM
aydee aydee is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 7,306
Default Re: Gergo Borlai

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisandrummer View Post
It seems that Eastern Europe is producing some awesome, amazing, immortal drummers!
Yes, and there's this other monster from Slovakia who plays with Hiromi's band, Martin Valihora

...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-19-2011, 07:11 PM
niacin's Avatar
niacin niacin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Posts: 73
Default Re: Gergo Borlai

Gergo Borlai is simply outstanding. I discovered him last year. He's also a music/theater performance innovator. Glad to find mutual fans! Cheers!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com