DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 02-05-2011, 10:08 PM

Default Poll: Xbox or Playstation

on the comments section, there is a poll and you comment on the video saying either xbox or playstation.. personally they are as good as each other... at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TsG3YMlgQA.... please comment on the YOUTUBE video no on this forum unless you don't have a youtube account.. thanks
Old 02-05-2011, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Poll: Xbox or Playstation

I prefer the Xbox over the PS3. I own both and find the quality of players to be better on the Xbox, so the competitiveness is much greater. The Xbox menu is much nicer and easier to use in my opinion, which is the selling point for me.
As for the fee, I don't really mind. Five dollars a month is just some pocket change.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:51 AM

Xbox 360... because Sony lost me when they kept me waiting for Blue Ray. Now with streaming movies and DirecTV I don't need a 3 in 1 player. Oh and I bought a blue Ray player forever ago, sorry Sony.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:02 AM
Administrator

I prefer drums..............
Old 02-06-2011, 03:13 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus Mutation View Post
Xbox 360... because Sony lost me when they kept me waiting for Blue Ray. Now with streaming movies and DirecTV I don't need a 3 in 1 player. Oh and I bought a blue Ray player forever ago, sorry Sony.
HAH! Enjoy your borked XBL with increasing monthly payments. Also, you don't happen to have any HD-dvds lying around? Oh wait, that's because blue-ray made them obsolete, my bad.
Also, try playing around in Halo and not come across a gang of homophobic 14 year olds who constantly lashes out against anyone.

Console wars are as stupid as debating on which car is the best. It all comes down to what you prefer. I have both Xbox360 and Ps3, but I seem to be using the Ps3 more since it has better support on video-files, plays blue-ray(yes, I'm not bothering to buy a standalone player), free online gaming(now with the addition of Playstation Plus, you can get the same XBL-feeling if you want), also some nice exclusives like LittleBigPlanet 1-2, Uncharted 1-2, Metal Gear. I was also smart enough to get the Playstation 60gig with backwards compatibility, so I can play my PSX and PS2 games. What more can I ask?
The only thing I dislike about the playstation is that the L2 and R2 seem to be pointed the wrong way on the controller.

Oh and for the love of god "drummaster6", no one wants to watch your videos. Stop spamming!
Old 02-06-2011, 03:49 AM

I prefer Wii.....

Old 02-06-2011, 04:10 AM
Platinum Member

I've never played either.

I'd rather spend the money on drums and recording equipment then video games.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
I prefer drums..............
AGREED.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:07 AM
Silver Member

Playstation, it is a technically superior console, the games are on a superior format of disc, the controller is bluetooth, not IR and doesn't require you to constantly change the batteries. It is motion sensitive, has better exclusive titles unless you are a halo/gears fanboy (uncharted anyone? how about some Demon's souls?) and to top it all off, you don't pay to play on-line. Oh did I mention that the controller is symmetrical and actually comfortable to hold? You don't strain your left thumb on the analog stick while fumbling with the left triggers.

I'd rather my console be just that, a console, not a windows box that gets cable and has a chunky OS.

My Playstation has never suffered from red rings of death or heating issues, I know two people that own both Xbox and playstation, both of their playstations work fine, their xboxes broke within eighteen months.

Xbox has a huge following in America because it is American. That doesn't hold weight here. Most people remember the playstation era, and followed Sony through that generation, and the one after before the late arrival of the original xbox.

/end rant.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:43 PM

I have had both.

In the time I have had my ps3, I went through 4 xbox360.

Apparently, they have fixed this issue.

I prefer blue ray, free network, that ironically I don't rarely ever get disconnected from.

Never had a problem with ps3. Never one, period.

Don't like long install times, but hey , at least it operates.

Both are good systems. I just prefer not replacing one every few months. My first xbox lasted 2 days. Then 3 months, then a year and a half, then 2 and half months. Then I bought a ps3.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:08 PM
mediocrefunkybeat

Nintendo 64, all the way.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:11 PM

Location: Nebraska, the most boring place you could ever live.

I have both, and I think both are great systems. I must have gotten lucky, though, as many people talk about problems with this 360, I've had mine for 3 years and it's working great.

I guess if I really had to choose between the two I would pick xbox, just because I don't care about graphics as much. Ps3 has blue ray, so obviously the graphics can be better, but I like the online community of xbox better, and I'm a Halo fan. Still, both are very good systems, in my opinion.