DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-19-2011, 03:52 AM

Default Choosing a hard case size for a bass drum with the new ludwig rail consolette

I just ordered a new ludwig kit with the new rail consolette mounting system on the 20" bass drum. I am going to order a hard case (protechtor) for it but I need to know how far the rail comes off the drum to know what size case to get. I plan on taking the tom mount (just the part with the "L" arm attached to it) off when I pack up and adjusting the part that actually attaches to the rail mount itself to lay flat against the drum. Does anyone have experience with this?

Of course I could wait till I have the kit to measure and order the appropriate case size, but I have no idea when the kit is going to actually be done and I want to have cases right away so I can take it out and use it right away.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:21 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Choosing a hard case size for a bass drum with the new ludwig rail consolette

It won't stick out any further than a run-of-the-mill tom mount, mate. Order a 20" case and you should be good to go......most cases offer a little bit of "play" to accomodate tom mounts, spurs et al.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Choosing a hard case size for a bass drum with the new ludwig rail consolette

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.