DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 01-14-2011, 11:37 PM

Default Double bass pedal for Yamaha DTXplorer

(I posted this on E-drum section, but realized it should be here)

I am a newbie in every aspect of playing, gear, etc.

I own a DTXplorer. I know that the KP65 bass tower that it comes with accomodates dual base.

But how do I implement it?

Do I buy an attachment of some sorts that will some with a second base pedal and I will use my current single base pedal to make it a double?

Or do I have to discard my current single base pedal that it came with and get a dual base pedal kit thing all together?

Do all base pedals interface the same way to the base drum tower (there is some kind of clamp in there that attaches them together), or is it a Yamaha specific thing?
Old 01-18-2011, 06:42 PM
Crazy8s

Default Re: Double bass pedal for Yamaha DTXplorer

I used to have a DTXplorer and the kick pad barely fit the two beaters on both my DW5000 double pedal and my Axis longboards. They did fit though and they played perfectly fine.

You should be able to use most double pedals. You are going to want to use some velcro on the pedal and on the kick trigger to hold them to your mat. If you don't have a mat to put the e-kit on you should get one.

As for using your single pedal, there is likely nothing you can do to make it a double pedal. You will need to get a double pedal if you are planning on double kicking, or get another kick trigger pad and another single pedal.

Have fun!