DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 12-22-2010, 06:01 AM

Default I need help reguarding drum thrones

Hello Drummer world Community! I have a question about drum throne height. I have the Mapex Meridian maple studioease kit where the toms sit above the kick. Currently I am using the Tama HT730 Ergo-Rider Drum Throne at its tallest setting. My problem; Even with the rack toms set a low as they can go(height wise) they still seem a bit too high for me to be comfortable with them and I do not like over tilting the toms. I think i need to get a taller drum throne but I'm not sure which one to get. Does anyone have any ideas? I kind of like to be above my kit with the snare level with the top of my thighs. The Tama is so comfortable i just wish i could get it a few inches higher.. I appreciate any advice or input.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:57 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: I need help reguarding drum thrones

You could use a heavy duty double braced cymbal stand and a piece of tubing that fits, you will need a memory clamp b/c you sound like a big guy. I made a stool for a bass player with a back injury once, I had a TAMA ERGO top (w/clamp) and used a double braced cymbal stand as a base, it could get pretty high up.

The ERGO seat top has a clamp, so it will easily clamp on to the pipe.

Try this out, see if you really want to sit that high b/f you dump $ on another throne.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Ismore View Post
You could use a heavy duty double braced cymbal stand and a piece of tubing that fits, you will need a memory clamp b/c you sound like a big guy. I made a stool for a bass player with a back injury once, I had a TAMA ERGO top (w/clamp) and used a double braced cymbal stand as a base, it could get pretty high up.

The ERGO seat top has a clamp, so it will easily clamp on to the pipe.

Try this out, see if you really want to sit that high b/f you dump $ on another throne.
Wow that is a GREAT idea. I'm going to give that a shot since I have some older heavy duty boom stands laying around. Thanks.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:27 PM

You can always check out the Roc-N-Soc Nitro Throne or the Pork Pie thrones. I own both. They will allow you to sit high but the Roc-N-Soc Nitro Throne will also allow you to sit lower than the Pork Pie.