DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Old 02-03-2006, 12:21 AM
PRO Drum Tech

Default Re: Steve Morrison - pro drum tech (Tommy Lee)

Her's some pics of the stunt kits used for the drum solo.
Attached Images

STB Site
Old 02-03-2006, 12:33 AM

Those pics are fantastic. What an amazing production.

With the tour starting up again, I was wondering if you had any favorite venues? Both from a performance standpoint, and also personally. I realize you probably don't get to spend much time hanging out, but are there certain cities you enjoy visiting while on tour?

Thanks again for being so willing to answer our questions!
Old 02-03-2006, 12:48 AM
Pioneer Member

I'll be attending the Crue's Sioux Falls, SD show in April...can't wait!! T.L. has always been a fav of mine and I have yet to see him live.

Steve,
I was wondering if you still find time to practice or just jam with your schedule being the way it is. Thanks!
Old 02-03-2006, 12:54 AM
PRO Drum Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECVail
Those pics are fantastic. What an amazing production.

With the tour starting up again, I was wondering if you had any favorite venues? Both from a performance standpoint, and also personally. I realize you probably don't get to spend much time hanging out, but are there certain cities you enjoy visiting while on tour?

Thanks again for being so willing to answer our questions!
No problem! I find it very rewarding that someone is interested in this stuff as much as I am. My all-time favorite venue would have to be Saitama Super Arena, right outside Tokyo, JPN. It's such a state-of-the-art palce with tons of space behind the deck.. Plus the local stagehands in Japan are absolutely amazing. In the states though, it would have to be Madison Square Garden; simply because of the history it has. It's an awful place to actually work in, but it's worth it since it's NYC. As far as places I enjoy visiting; anywhere in Australia, England, and Hawaii. Tehe's some much to see everywhere, and it's all stuff I'm not used to. Boston & Atlanta are my favorite in the U.S. Here's a shot I took during the first leg last year of T; thought you might like it. Enjoy!
Attached Images

STB Site
Old 02-03-2006, 01:01 AM
PRO Drum Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Underhill
I'll be attending the Crue's Sioux Falls, SD show in April...can't wait!! T.L. has always been a fav of mine and I have yet to see him live.

Steve,
I was wondering if you still find time to practice or just jam with your schedule being the way it is. Thanks!
Cool! I hope you enjoy the show! Come say hi if you see me around... I do practice still, every day. I carry a pair of marching sticks and a Promark pad in my backpack so I can keep my chops together while on the road. Plus, I play Tommy's kit at least 20-30 minutes for the FOH engineer to get sounds, which keeps my feet in shape because I try to emulate T's double kick grooves(like Livewire or Red Hot).Hit me up when the date gets closer, let's try to meet up so you can see the kit up close. Late!
STB Site
Old 02-03-2006, 01:06 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tleetech
Cool! I hope you enjoy the show! Come say hi if you see me around... I do practice still, every day. I carry a pair of marching sticks and a Promark pad in my backpack so I can keep my chops together while on the road. Plus, I play Tommy's kit at least 20-30 minutes for the FOH engineer to get sounds, which keeps my feet in shape because I try to emulate T's double kick grooves(like Livewire or Red Hot).Hit me up when the date gets closer, let's try to meet up so you can see the kit up close. Late!
That's great that you still find the time and conviction to keep your chops up. Any time I travel I tend to get lazy. But you always have sticks will travel because you never know when the bug will hit ya. Heck, I'd play his kit for an hour just to "get sounds" heheh. I sincerely appreciate that invite and you can bet on me hitting you up on it! Take it easy...
Old 02-03-2006, 01:53 AM
PRO Drum Tech

here's a short movie displaying T's showmanship-the classic rimshot/stick toss. It took me like two months to get this down properly. :) I passed it on to Taylor Hawkins when we were in Australia; he nailed it in five minutes. Don't pay any attention to the audio, it's the mic on my digi cam.
Attached Files
File Type: mov stickcatch.mov (4.24 MB, 2896 views)
STB Site
Old 02-03-2006, 02:01 AM
Pioneer Member

Awesome b.t.s. clip! I like when he looked back at you as to say "Ohhh yeah". I now see what you mean about changing snare heads, man he hits hard. An observation...for such a tall guy he seems to sit quite low behind the kit.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:08 AM
Gold Member

I collect bootleg heavy metal concerts from the 80s thru 2005. I have about 100 or so.

I have about 4 Motley Crue with Tommy. I watch one from the Girls, Girls, Girls tour and was really impressed with just how solid Tommy plays. Incredible consistancy.

He is a great drummer. I saw him live in Los Angeles during the red white and crue tour and was impressed once again. You can tell he loves to perform.
Old 02-03-2006, 05:09 AM

Wow, this thread just keeps getting better.
A while ago DRUM magazine had an issue where they covered a lot of drum techs including Jose Baraquio (portnoy) , Lorne wheaton(neil peart) and Sean bates(jose Passillas). It was a great article. Wheaton also teched for steve smith in the past.
They mentioned their disasters on stage . Lorne wheaton said that once during Steve smith's set he broke a bass drum hoop. and steve played with the left bass drum while he replaced it on stage.
Steveo have you ever had any bad goof up's on stage while Tommy was playing.??

Vinnie paul mentioned. he felt really wierd sitting behind Tommy's kit . he coudnt reach anything, since Tommy has long arms. :)
In other news, Terry bozzio is playing in Bombay for the first time today and i cant go since i have chicken pox. Guess i'll have to wait till i get to LA.
That walk of fame star that the Crue got is right outside Musicians Institute, i won't be missing it.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:26 PM

Hello Mr. Morrison,
I'm a BIG fan of the "platinum" cymbals (see my kit thu link in my signature). I just love their sound! Do you have any secrets for cleaning them and keeping them sounding their best?

I play a Yamaha RTC kit because I love the BIG NATURAL ACOUSTIC BOOMING SOUND! I was reading your post about how you tune/mic Tommy's big bass drum. When you're playing large venues like stadiums, how much do you "shape" the sound of each drum? At that point, does it even matter if what type of drum you're playing with all the work you do to shape the sounds?

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer my post.

...YAHAHA!
Old 02-05-2006, 11:03 PM

Favorite Tommy moves I've yet to master:

Cymbal grab/snare hit combo
Rimshot/stick toss
The stick spin

Could you give a quick run down of Tommy's massive monitor setup? I thought it was pretty impresive.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:04 AM
PRO Drum Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiemapp
Favorite Tommy moves I've yet to master:

Cymbal grab/snare hit combo
Rimshot/stick toss
The stick spin

Could you give a quick run down of Tommy's massive monitor setup? I thought it was pretty impresive.
Hey Eddie!!! I had a killer time last night with you and the Seether boys.... You're going to totally dig this website; there's a bunch of cool info on a ton of drummers. Tommy's monitor rig from the bottom-up is: 3 Clair Bros. Prism Subs, 6 Clair B1s, & 4 Clair Prism Wedges placed vertically on top. And of course he's still got the molded Ultimate Ears (the UE10s I think) Stay safe out there man, let's hang again soon!!! Steevo
STB Site
Old 02-06-2006, 04:37 AM

Steve, thanks for getting back to us, its always good to get the kind of hands on info from a guy like yourself. I went to the opening of Red White and Crue 05. in Toronto and I thought that night was really cool, brought me back and T's drums were huge! good job, keep it up Thanks!
Old 02-08-2006, 05:13 PM
PRO Drum Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAHAHA
Hello Mr. Morrison,
I'm a BIG fan of the "platinum" cymbals (see my kit thu link in my signature). I just love their sound! Do you have any secrets for cleaning them and keeping them sounding their best?
When you're playing large venues like stadiums, how much do you "shape" the sound of each drum? At that point, does it even matter if what type of drum you're playing with all the work you do to shape the sounds?

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer my post.
The easiest way that I've found to clean "platinum" cymbals is to not use ANY cleaner, just buff with a terry cloth towel after every use. As long as you get the smudges off right away, you shouldn't need any sort of cleaner. But if the dirt is dried on, use a mild cymbal cleaner, such as a spray then buff as normal.
I haven't done too many stadiums with Motley, but in the larger arenas that we've done I tend to be a little more forgiving with the tuning of the drums until I hear them under the mics. If necessary, we'll add more sample to the overall sound of the drum. It really depends on the situation. In my opinion, it doesn't matter what brand of drums you play; as long as they are tuned properly. Thanks for the questions!
STB Site
Old 02-08-2006, 05:19 PM
PRO Drum Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruManiac19
Wow, this thread just keeps getting better.
A while ago DRUM magazine had an issue where they covered a lot of drum techs including Jose Baraquio (portnoy) , Lorne wheaton(neil peart) and Sean bates(jose Passillas). It was a great article. Wheaton also teched for steve smith in the past.
They mentioned their disasters on stage . Lorne wheaton said that once during Steve smith's set he broke a bass drum hoop. and steve played with the left bass drum while he replaced it on stage.
Steveo have you ever had any bad goof up's on stage while Tommy was playing.??

Vinnie paul mentioned. he felt really wierd sitting behind Tommy's kit . he coudnt reach anything, since Tommy has long arms. :)
In other news, Terry bozzio is playing in Bombay for the first time today and i cant go since i have chicken pox. Guess i'll have to wait till i get to LA.
That walk of fame star that the Crue got is right outside Musicians Institute, i won't be missing it.
That was a GREAT article on techs indeed. I was touring with Sean Bates at the time when he was interviewed for that article. Fortunately, I haven't had any enormous mistakes on stage as of yet. I'm sure now that I've jinxed myself you'll be hearing a story from me real soon. :) Vinnie Paul is one of few drummers that have sat behind Tommy's kit and said they couldn't reach anything(Taylor Hawkins is another). I've nicknamed Tommy "the albatross" due to his wingspan. Those outer cymbals on his kit are easily 7 feet apart!
STB Site

Last edited by DogBreath; 02-09-2006 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tleetech
That was a GREAT article on techs indeed. I was touring with Sean Bates at the time when he was interviewed for that article. Fortunately, I haven't had any enormous mistakes on stage as of yet. I'm sure now that I've jinxed myself you'll be hearing a story from me real soon. :) Vinnie Paul is one of few drummers that have sat behind Tommy's kit and said they couldn't reach anything(Taylor Hawkins is another). I've nicknamed Tommy "the albatross" due to his wingspan. Those outer cymbals on his kit are easily 7 feet apart!

Wow. 7 feet
and that video was bad ass. Tommy really hits hard,
nicely pulled off the stick catch thing bang in time to start playing again.
great.
Ps: Sean bates has an interesting story on how he got into teching. :)

Last edited by DogBreath; 02-09-2006 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:57 PM

Hi Steve. I caught the Brisbane show of the recent Australian tour... very entertaining!

I've got a question for you about ye olde ddrum3 brain in the pics you posted. What software are you using to send samples to it from the Macs? I ask this because I too have a ddrum3 brain that I have been using for years (it's amazing that after 10 or 12 years there is still nothing on the market that equals it) and was using the old SCSI Dump software to load samples. I haven't had to load any samples into it for a couple of years, but I noticed when I did (after upgrading my old mac to one without a SCSI port) I could only use the software while actually booted from OS 9, it wouldn't work with the SCSI to USB adapter running classic in OSX. The trouble is that Macs made from 2004 (including the one I have now) no longer boot into OS9 (they only run classic), so I am unable to transfer anything from my computer at the moment. (Luckily a friend of mine has an old mac that I was able to use to transfer some stuff this week.)

In the pic I can see you're running OSX on the G5 tower. What program are you using to put samples in the brain?

Thanks for any help!
Old 02-14-2006, 09:49 PM

Hey Steve, the show here in Columbia SC at the Colonial Center was awesome.

A friend of mine, who is the Fire Marshall said thanks for the gifts!

Greg
Old 02-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Pioneer Member

Welcome Steve !

It's very cool to see all the help you've given out in so little time, it's always great to have helping hand's!

I might have a little question of my own, which doesn't have anything to do with Tommy or his stock, but with your expertise I guess I can't go wrong :P.

I play in a Melodic Black/Death metal group, I play on maple drums, so the projection is great live! But my bassdrums, when I have to play at speed's over 800 ish hits per minute, start to get drowned in the distortion and such. Anyway, our band is most likely doing a Canadian tour this summer, 12 shows. ( If the money adds up... unfortunatly, but we are doing our best ). And I was thinking that now is the best time to get myself a trigger kit for my bassdrums, I was wondering if you had any suggestions for a setup that would cost be most cost efficient, whilst keeping the quality in question!

Thanks alot in advance, and welcome again!
Old 02-15-2006, 06:38 PM

Just so everyone knows... Steevo is on the road with the Crue right now. I know he has limited access to email and the web. I'm sure he will respond to everyones questions we he gets some free time...

I just dont want anybody to think he is gone from the board!
Old 02-15-2006, 09:34 PM
PRO Drum Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibra-Slap'd
Just so everyone knows... Steevo is on the road with the Crue right now. I know he has limited access to email and the web. I'm sure he will respond to everyones questions we he gets some free time...

I just dont want anybody to think he is gone from the board!
It's true... I'm not gone from the board by any means... It was really busy getting this new leg going, but we're off and running. Thanks to all of you who've seen the show and posted comments, I'll pass them along to Tommy as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPX
I've got a question for you about ye olde ddrum3 brain in the pics you posted. What software are you using to send samples to it from the Macs? I ask this because I too have a ddrum3 brain that I have been using for years (it's amazing that after 10 or 12 years there is still nothing on the market that equals it) and was using the old SCSI Dump software to load samples. I haven't had to load any samples into it for a couple of years, but I noticed when I did (after upgrading my old mac to one without a SCSI port) I could only use the software while actually booted from OS 9, it wouldn't work with the SCSI to USB adapter running classic in OSX. The trouble is that Macs made from 2004 (including the one I have now) no longer boot into OS9 (they only run classic), so I am unable to transfer anything from my computer at the moment. (Luckily a friend of mine has an old mac that I was able to use to transfer some stuff this week.)

In the pic I can see you're running OSX on the G5 tower. What program are you using to put samples in the brain?
To answer the ddrum question: I actually use Quicktime Pro to send whatever sample I've built to the MOTU interface(S/PDIF out) then realtime sampling into the ddrum3 via the S/PDIF input. It's kind of a pain in the ass, but it works.... I'll try to answer all ofthe other questions very soon... I'm in the middle of setting up my world right now. See you all soon!!!!!!!!!!
STB Site
Old 02-17-2006, 07:53 AM

This is gonna sound a little wierd. But What does Tommy do with his old kits when he's done with them? Im in love with his chrome Pearls from the Girls tour and I cant even find pics of them. Second, how did you like playing London Ontario? Crue was the first show Ive seen at the john Labbat Center and they rocked. They sounded just as good as on the Theater Of Pain tour (my first concert ever) and everyone in between. I havent missed a Crue tour since Theater...
Old 02-17-2006, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblakdak
Im in love with his chrome Pearls from the Girls tour and I cant even find pics of them. ..
How are these pics for ya!!!

That's one of my FAVE kits as well...... but I still love the first kit on this tour... the "Red White and Chrome" Kit

Old 02-18-2006, 09:15 PM
PRO Drum Tech

[/list]
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Crimson
Hey Steve, the show here in Columbia SC at the Colonial Center was awesome.

A friend of mine, who is the Fire Marshall said thanks for the gifts!

Greg
I'm glad he liked them! We like fire marshals that let my pyro guys blow stuff up!
STB Site

Last edited by DogBreath; 02-19-2006 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:37 PM

I wanted to share with all of you my awesome experince with Steve on this past Saturday. Steve and I have been talking for a couple months now about drums. I can not seem to find an electrontic pad that holds up to my abuse! So I emailed Steve for advise. Over that time we have had tons of "chats" about gear. Steve has given me a lot of great advise from everything from pedals to triggers. Steve knows his stuff...

So, this Sat I got the change to be a part of the Motley Crue Road Crew. Thanks to an invite from Steve. Needless to say, it was so awesome to see the production come together, and getting a chance to put the drum kit to together was, without a doubt, the best part. I figured you guys might dig the breakdown of my day....

12:00 PM--- Meet with Steve and get my Working Pass
I called Steve on his cell and I met him at the bus parking area. We had some breakfest sandwiches and talked about our upcoming day. I also got to meet some of the other techs. The bus was rad!!! Big TV, cool sound system, the works!

12:30 PM--- Set up the Jam Room
This is a special mobile studio that the band uses to work out new songs. My job was to put up Tommy's Kit. The kit was made up of Hart pads and cymbals, PDP rack and hardware, a DW 5000 Pedal, and a Roland TD20 brain. I think this was my "test". If I could hook this thing up with no issues, then Steve would trust me with the BIG KIT. We got it all set up in about 20 mins... then we set up the Pro-Tools, amps, and mics for the other band members....

1:30 PM--- Set up the Stage Kit
We then moved to the stage. All of the stage was put together including the light rigs and drum riser. So we pushed the 6 cases that hold the drums up the ramp, and got to work. The one thing that I was super impressed with was the PDP rack. That is top quality stuff. I mean super easy to work with and very strong. I think it only took us maybe 5 mins to get the rack up and locked down. Steve has everything marked as to where it goes on the rack so it was quick movin'. The drum riser has mounts attached to the floor, so the rack never moves and is in the same place night after night. After the rack goes up then come the drums. WOW.... I need to get a set of DW drums... they were sweet!!! The fuzzy coating on the drums is just that. Like a jacket, it is wrapped around the drums and stiched together. Its not glued or stuck to the shells at all (BTW- the shells are white!). It just wraps around them and is cut out for the lugs. Pretty cool recovering idea and did not effect the sound of the drums at all. Last we added the cymbals. As a Zildjian players I was jazzed to see the new Plats up close. They look and sound great but man that pryo dust gets all over em.... so here are the pics of the kit....

Then the sound guys came in and put on the mics.

Since Tommy uses both mics and Triggers, we had to wire up the triggers. Steve has laid out the trigger system before but, here are some pics of the racks... AKA DRUM WORLD!!!

And my BOY, Steve booting up the MAC!!

3:00 PM--- Line Check!!!
After everything was in place and set, they ran test on the sound board. I just sat at the drums and watched everything come together, this rink was slowly becoming a Motley Crue Circus! Steve was super cool and introduced me to all of the stage guys....

Kahuna-- is the stage manager.. at first I think he was weary about having a "fan" working with the crew. But after I pushed a huge load of road cases up the ramp, he seemed ok with me. This guy has a tough job. So much goes into setting up, and his job is to keep everyone in-line and on-time.

Darren-- the Bass Tech... I felt bad bad for him cause the keyboards wouldn't work!! But they got it....

Pryo-- the name speaks for it self. This guy can blow stuff UP!! Very cool team of guys working with him. I felt bad b/c the fire marshall was hassling him a bit. When Steve reads this, please let Pryo know I'm sorry about using his bathroom!!! LOL

I met so many people and all of them were really cool to me!

4:30 PM--- My Alone Time
Steve and the boys headed off to eat, shower, and take care of personal stuff, so I was allowed to leave and come back for the show, or I could just chill out and hang... Of course, I choose to stay... how many chances would I get to sit at Tommy Lee's Drums and look out into the sea of empty seats... So for a couple of hours I just sat with a pair of drumsticks rapping on the sidefills, and grinning like a butcher's dog! It was cool that Steve and the guys trusted me. I think they felt bad that we had run out of stuff to do, but I was in heaven on the kit... I must have cleaned those Plats 50 times, took the ripples out the front bass drum heads, put wraps on the drumsticks, and watched the stage performers pratice their stuff. Management would bring VIPS up on the stage to see it, the light guys were fixing a broken VARI-LITE, and the sound guys were working on a blown sound board... that's when I got my change to ROCK....

They sent a dude up from the sound crew to re-line check the drums. Needless to say, this dude was not a drummer and he couldn't hit the drums hard enough to open the gates and set off the tiggers, so they asked me to play for a bit............. HELL YEA!!!!!!!

That kit is a monster!!! The DW9000 pedals are sooooo smooth... the snare is huge... the toms are tuned perfectly.... it was a religious experince.... I also learned that Steve don't like when people play when he is not there (sorry bro). But he was cool when I told him that the sound guys MADE me do it!!!! In fact, he seemed happy that I got a chance to whirl around a bit.

8:00 PM--- ShowTime!!!
Once the show started, I headed out to sit with the Lighting Guys at the Front of House. Too much was going on backstage, and I would have been in the way. I think Steve though I was bummed out b/c I couldn't stay in DRUM WORLD during the show. Not at all.... with all the pryos and wires back there... I was much safer out front! The show rocked... the kit sounded great, the stunt kits were a big hit, and the fans got every pennys worth from the band! Sitting and watching the show, after seeing it all come together was really cool.... I have a whole new respect for the people that make rock concerts happen.... this crew knows what they are doing!

10:30 PM--- Tear Down
Right after the show I was told to report back to the drum kit. Up came the cases and down came the drums. Within mins, the kit was taken down and stowed away. Once I closed a case and gave the ok, the "hard hat" dudes would take it to the truck... Steve stood on the riser and took stuff off and I put it in the cases. He handed me the cowbell, which had taken a beating durning the show and said "Dude, thats for you". My little peice of that monster kit...

We then moved on to the Jam Room and torn everything down and put it in the cases. Here comes the "Hard Hat" dudes... and off go the cases... it was like the migration of the whales!!! A sea of black cases.... moving into the trucks... 8 trucks worth!!!

11:30 PM--- ALL DONE
We were finshed. I had a cowbell, a pair of drumsticks, and a crash course on the life of Steve. It was awesome! At 11:30 I realized I never got to meet Tommy and, strangely enough, I didnt really care. Sure, it would have been cool to meet him, but hell, I was too busy working! I didnt realize how much of a "gear head" I was until I got to play with all of the top on the line stuff, I was amazed at the quailty. And Tommy crushes his drums... I mean CRUSHES....
So me and Steve said goodbye. There is no real way to thank him for the experince he gave me...unless free labor counts!!! This was the coolest musical experince I have ever had. Sure playing in a band is great, but there is so much more than that for me... I love playing drums, with a band is great, but I still love playing drums... and I got to play TOMMY'S LEE DRUMS!!!!!!!!!!

Steve.... your are my BOY!!!! You hooked me up!!!! I owe ya big...

So, me and Steve said goodbye.... I found Kahuna and said thanks.... and Pryo too... I hope that I will get to be a part of something like this again!!! I told Steve when I left, that if he ever needs tech.... I'm his guy!!!

Here is a pic of my loot............. as you can see the sticks are well used!!!!

I hope you enjoyed reading my "story"... If you get a change to see Motley live.... JUMP ON IT!!! We can debate all day about how good drummers are... but you'd be a fool to miss Tommy's show..... and trust me... Steve makes it all sound RAD!!!

I do have one pic of me sitting at the kit.... but I forget to upload load it to my web server... I will post it later!

Steve---- Thanks again Bro!!!! Enjoy the Combos!

Last edited by DogBreath; 08-13-2007 at 04:56 AM.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:00 PM
Pioneer Member

Thats effin' awesome!! Looks like you had an experience to be jealous of!

My brothers wifes best friends husband (yeah..I know, I know!) was a startup member of The Stone Roses (then call The Patrol) and nearly joined The Smiths. He went on to be The Fall's drummer for a good few years. He then got hired by Ian Brown (Stone Rose's) singer to be in his band. I got to see them twice in Hammersmith (place in London) and at the Reading festival. I even got a lift back to London on the tour bus at the end of it all watching blade on the tour bus DVD system!

Simon Wolstencroft is his name.

Thats my biggest claim to fame!

Oh...and I used to rehearse at a place called Terminal studios....anyone who was anyone over the past 25 years rehearses there! Got to see a few famous faces but only managed to get into a debate about the Simpson's with Brian Molko from Placebo...oh and beat Robbie Williams and Jamie Theakston at pool in the rest area...hehehe.

Last edited by TitanSound; 02-20-2006 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-20-2006, 08:37 PM
PRO Drum Tech

Goodtimes!!!! That post Shane wrote is pretty neat!! It's weird to see your daily life written out... I guess my gig isn't that bad!! Thank, Shane, for helping out. I had a blast.
STB Site
Old 02-20-2006, 10:59 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
I wanted to share with all of you my awesome experince with Steve on this past Saturday.
Great post!

Nice pics and good writing style. Sounds like you had a great day.

Steve: very cool of you to bring people in to the inner world of Tech Land.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:14 AM

Here is a pic of me at the Kit!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/refrat10
Old 02-21-2006, 03:37 AM
Pioneer Member

This might have been already asked and answered... but what kind of sticks are those? and are they wood? probably not im guessing.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A Drummer
This might have been already asked and answered... but what kind of sticks are those? and are they wood? probably not im guessing.
They are the AHEAD Tommy Lee Studio Model... With the Ahead Stick Wrap and Steveo's special marking tape... so Tommy can see them in the dark.... the sticks are Aluminum cores with plastic sleeves that can be changed....they also have a nylon tip....

BUT, I dont think Tommy changes many sleeves.... since he seems to bend the shafts.....

Old 02-21-2006, 03:52 AM

Steve, Let Tommy know things have not changed in Charter Oak.... Back in the day before all the fame these guys rocked some great backyard parties..... Back when I could stay up past 2 am and not worry about going to work and Tommy played SONOR.....

Have fun
Old 02-21-2006, 04:13 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
BUT, I dont think Tommy changes many sleeves.... since he seems to bend the shafts.....
I thought those looked bent, but then i thought it was just me. He must play really hard. I'd love to seem him play
Old 02-21-2006, 05:10 AM

UPDATE!!!

A bud of mine was at the show and took some pics with his phone of us tearing down..... THANKS LEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crappy quailty.... but still cool!!!!!!!!!!

Loading the China cymbal into the case.... Last cymbal to go in!

Taking down some hardware

More hardware

The Cases waiting for the "Hard Hat" dudes!

Putting the last piece in.... Steve's Seat!!

Old 02-21-2006, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg_2010
I thought those looked bent, but then i thought it was just me. He must play really hard. I'd love to seem him play
The sticks I got are TRASHED!!! Totally bend.... to me, thats what makes them so cool!!!! You should go see Motley when they come to your town.... trust me, you wont be let down!

Old 02-21-2006, 10:48 PM

excellent read. loved the details.
great experience man . not something that comes by everyday.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:02 AM
Pioneer Member

Default cool ass dude...

I got a chance to meet Tommy Lees tech.. Steevo aka Steve Morrison... although TL was unavailable Steve took some time to talk and even managed to get the BIG man to sign a pair of sig sticks... Steve has a great deal of knowledge in drums a programming... check his thread if you havent already...and youll see why he has a bomb ass job

Thanks again Steve...
RT
Old 02-28-2006, 03:43 AM

Default Re: cool ass dude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTDRUMS
I got a chance to meet Tommy Lees tech.. Steevo aka Steve Morrison... although TL was unavailable Steve took some time to talk and even managed to get the BIG man to sign a pair of sig sticks... Steve has a great deal of knowledge in drums a programming... check his thread if you havent already...and youll see why he has a bomb ass job

Thanks again Steve...
RT

Thats AWESOME Bro..... Steve is a good dude... glad ya got to meet him.... did you get to see the Drums up close?

Old 03-01-2006, 12:52 AM
PRO Drum Tech

Default Re: cool ass dude... it's ture

Quote:
Thats AWESOME Bro..... Steve is a good dude...
It's true... :) just kidding... got some cool changes to the kit coming up soon... I'll be posting some pics soon. Also, Tommy and I rewrote the drumsolo this past week with some serious new beats; anyone who has a chance should come to see the show. To all cats checking out my thread: IT"S AWESOME!!! THANKS!!! Peace & Love!
STB Site