DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 12-14-2010, 04:43 AM

Default Arcade Fire

I wasnt sure where to put this- but I think its nice to be put in your place in the cosmos every now and then.

I have been a fan of this band for a while and I have just watched a live performance from them and I was left in awe. Not only are they fantastic musicians but so many of the band switch and change so many instruments. There are 2 females in the band- one plays violin most of the time and then will jump on a keyboard etc- the guitarist will play that as well as a glockenspiel and the most impressive is Régine Chassagne.

On stage she plays the accordion, drums, xylophone, hurdy-gurdy, keyboards and organ.

Most inpressive for me was watching her sit down at the drums after a few songs and she played open handed. Now that in itself not a mind-blowing thing but with everything else she played and how well she did it- to then play the drums but do it open handed and not regular- just blew me away.

I think to myself trying to improve my drumming and learning the guitar- Its just nice to watch truly gifted musician's
Old 12-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Arcade Fire

Thing about them that stands out the most for me is the bass player. Love the way he plays.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:25 AM
Platinum Member

I have loved them ever since I heard "Wake Up" in Where the Wild Things Are...such a great sound!
Old 12-16-2010, 07:52 PM

Yeah I'm pretty sure all of them can do mutiple things- It was just humbling to watch someone- not only perform in front of a very large crowd- but play mutiple instruments and play them all like they were their main instrument!