DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 11-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Platinum Member

Default Back to my old pedal.

After about four years with an Iron Cobra i am proficient with constant release,heel toe and can play quick doubles and lay down continuous sixteenths with one pedal. On a whim, i dug out my old standard Tama pedal that originally came with my kit and to my surprise all that i mentioned above could be played much easier! The only adjustment on the standard pedal is the spring. WTF! So much for the iron cobra with all the fancy adjustments.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Crazy8s

Default Re: Back to my old pedal.

Thats because the ICs are way too heavy! The old-school Camco type pedals that Tama made were super light and can fly like a bird!

It is all about how much mass is moving on a pedal, and less mass = faster cycling.

(I totally dig your signature Muckster! Roy Haynes is my very favorite drummer! :) )
Old 11-23-2010, 11:12 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Back to my old pedal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8s View Post
Thats because the ICs are way too heavy! The old-school Camco type pedals that Tama made were super light and can fly like a bird!

It is all about how much mass is moving on a pedal, and less mass = faster cycling.

(I totally dig your signature Muckster! Roy Haynes is my very favorite drummer! :) )
Crazy:

You may have something there. I think the cam has something to do with it as well. The Iron Cobra I have is a Power Glide. The standard Tama pedal I have is round as what you would now call a rolling glide cam. I guess i'm not a power glide kind of dude. I did switch out the Iron Cobra felt beater and got rid of the traditional felt beater. Man what a difference! My knee doesn't hurt anymore.

Yes Roy is a fave of mine as well, glad you "got" the signature.