DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 11-20-2010, 12:56 PM

Default Repairing old iron cobra powerglide pedal

hey

just yesterday at band practice i noticed some strange wobbling of a pedal while playing and upon cheking it out i saw that the rod at the base of the pedal was sticking out.

the rod was apparently broken for quite some time and started moving out yesterday. the good news in this is that it broke off towards the end of it so if it stays in there is no change to the functionality of a pedal.

the pedal is nearly 12 years old so can i get a replacement part for it since the new one seem to have a bit different shape or should i just tape the sides together with duct tape to prevent the rod from falling out?

thanx in advance

(marked it on a picture (of a newer model though) since i dont think i can neatly convey the location of a broken part with words)
Attached Images

Last edited by ngebe; 11-20-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Repairing old iron cobra powerglide pedal

I'd check with Tama customer service to verify, but I believe the newer design of the IC was identical to the previous except for the cam and the removable tops of the vertical posts that allow access to the bearings. I think that pin is the same. Assuming you're in the US (you didn't say), if you go to Tama.com, go to support, then parts, you'll see exploded diagrams of everything they still support and/or have parts for, and you'll be able to get a part # for the pin.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:46 PM

the pedal is a bit older than the one on the picture above so the hinge between footboard and the heel of the pedal is slightly different. and just that specific part is not on tamas replacement part list, so the only other option would be to order new footboard to replace the old one. and since i am not located in the usa getting it would mean no sooner than august 2011 (apparently no one cares about small market countries).

at that point i said screw it with the original part and contacted the guy who repaires and restores old drums to make me a new hinge. worked like a charm

thanx for the help though
Old 12-04-2010, 10:40 AM

The preset data on a memory card/stick is not realistic. Reference what design Eleven Rack has done - they use the computer for graphic interface only, while all of the audio functions stay within their rack mounted processor. Many people like this idea for Guitar Rig also, but it doesn't seem that is much interested in the dedicated to the hardware thing and for their products.