DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-25-2009, 08:24 PM
805Drummer's Avatar
805Drummer 805Drummer is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: BEHIND YOU.
Posts: 1,451
Default Music for my skate video?

Hey Drummerworld, I know I haven't been active for awhile--I'm sorry, but that's because I've been working on learning to better use my film and editing equipment for the skate/film camp I'm going to, Camp Woodward.

So basically, I'll be shooting and editing a skateboarding video in the film production camp, and I need a song to edit to. I have to have permission to use it, and it should be fast paced and fun, or slower, but with a solid beat driving it.

Anyone here know any good music I can use, whether you know someone online, personally, or it's your band's music on Myspace? This would be a good chance to get some exposure, because you'd get mad props, credit, etc. although no payment.

Thanks in advance! You can post your myspace/youtube/whatever band here, or PM me or email me...I'm looking forward to picking out some tunes!
__________________
PDP 805 & Zildjian A
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Music for my skate video?

Mars, The Bringer of War by Gustav Holst...

Good times my friend, good times.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-25-2009, 10:23 PM
805Drummer's Avatar
805Drummer 805Drummer is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: BEHIND YOU.
Posts: 1,451
Default Re: Music for my skate video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrefunkybeat View Post
Mars, The Bringer of War by Gustav Holst...

Good times my friend, good times.
Cool song (I saw the live orchestra on Youtube) but not gonna cut it...
__________________
PDP 805 & Zildjian A
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-26-2009, 05:17 AM
remoking's Avatar
remoking remoking is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 256
Default Re: Music for my skate video?

Rise against would sound cool in a skate video. Especially "Like the Angel". Good song.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-26-2009, 03:02 PM
805Drummer's Avatar
805Drummer 805Drummer is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: BEHIND YOU.
Posts: 1,451
Default Re: Music for my skate video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by remoking View Post
Rise against would sound cool in a skate video. Especially "Like the Angel". Good song.
They would! I'd love to use them, but we have to use music that we have all legal permission to use.
__________________
PDP 805 & Zildjian A
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-26-2009, 09:43 PM
remoking's Avatar
remoking remoking is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Houston TX
Posts: 256
Default Re: Music for my skate video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 805Drummer View Post
They would! I'd love to use them, but we have to use music that we have all legal permission to use.
lol right...kinda read over that part :p
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-27-2009, 02:28 AM
805Drummer's Avatar
805Drummer 805Drummer is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: BEHIND YOU.
Posts: 1,451
Default Re: Music for my skate video?

An independent Myspace band would be perfect for this.
__________________
PDP 805 & Zildjian A
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-27-2009, 07:09 AM
Ironcobra's Avatar
Ironcobra Ironcobra is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,209
Default Re: Music for my skate video?

The Transplants - California Babylon

Probably the greatest skate song, I think it was used in a Rodney Mullen video...
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-27-2009, 02:48 PM
805Drummer's Avatar
805Drummer 805Drummer is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: BEHIND YOU.
Posts: 1,451
Default Re: Music for my skate video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironcobra View Post
The Transplants - California Babylon

Probably the greatest skate song, I think it was used in a Rodney Mullen video...
Great song, and I love the Mutt, but I'm more looking for a band that one of you are in, or that you have a friend who's in, not on a label, but just has a Myspace with decent music.
__________________
PDP 805 & Zildjian A
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Ironcobra's Avatar
Ironcobra Ironcobra is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,209
Default Re: Music for my skate video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 805Drummer View Post
Great song, and I love the Mutt, but I'm more looking for a band that one of you are in, or that you have a friend who's in, not on a label, but just has a Myspace with decent music.
Oh, crap, I didn't read the entire post.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-27-2009, 07:29 PM
freebirdgdw's Avatar
freebirdgdw freebirdgdw is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 642
Default Re: Music for my skate video?

Dunno if it's what you're looking for but here's my mates band 'Vinyl Youth'

http://www.myspace.com/vinylyouth

Thought maybe something like the track 'Daily Dice' or 'Leak'. Plus the lead singer/rhythm guitarist Luke is a skater. Just thought you might wanna listen.
__________________
KIT
COVERS
BAND
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-02-2009, 04:15 AM
mvkpk mvkpk is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1
Default Re: Music for my skate video?

hey man. this is the thing were looking for. i just wanted to give you our link. the music is upbeat and pretty rockin, maybe not what you had in mind but maybe it is? if you like it then lets work something out! www.myspace.com/pk

mikel

PK
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-24-2009, 11:07 PM
805Drummer's Avatar
805Drummer 805Drummer is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: BEHIND YOU.
Posts: 1,451
Default Re: Music for my skate video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdgdw View Post
Dunno if it's what you're looking for but here's my mates band 'Vinyl Youth'

http://www.myspace.com/vinylyouth

Thought maybe something like the track 'Daily Dice' or 'Leak'. Plus the lead singer/rhythm guitarist Luke is a skater. Just thought you might wanna listen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvkpk View Post
hey man. this is the thing were looking for. i just wanted to give you our link. the music is upbeat and pretty rockin, maybe not what you had in mind but maybe it is? if you like it then lets work something out! www.myspace.com/pk

mikel

PK
Dude, both these bands are perfect. The particular video I was working on is done, but for future videos, would it be alright if I could use your songs? Daily Dice from Vinyl Youth and Innocence from PK are PERFECT. PM me or reply...I would credit you with linkage, I just need some kind of official message I can send to Youtube if they get on my case about the music.
__________________
PDP 805 & Zildjian A
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-26-2009, 03:28 AM
freebirdgdw's Avatar
freebirdgdw freebirdgdw is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 642
Default Re: Music for my skate video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 805Drummer View Post
Dude, both these bands are perfect. The particular video I was working on is done, but for future videos, would it be alright if I could use your songs? Daily Dice from Vinyl Youth and Innocence from PK are PERFECT. PM me or reply...I would credit you with linkage, I just need some kind of official message I can send to Youtube if they get on my case about the music.
sorry dude, Vinyl youth isn't my band, it's my mates. You'll have to ask them. I'm sure they'll be more than willing though dude.
__________________
KIT
COVERS
BAND
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-25-2010, 10:17 AM
hacial hacial is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1
Default Re: Music for my skate video?

Hey i have a band and we play some decent music. I would let ya use anything ya wanted just as long as i got a copy to put on my sites. check us out myspace.com/subsistsystem

thanks
Corey of Hacial
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-26-2010, 10:30 AM
eddiehimself's Avatar
eddiehimself eddiehimself is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Room 409
Posts: 2,565
Default Re: Music for my skate video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacial View Post
Hey i have a band and we play some decent music. I would let ya use anything ya wanted just as long as i got a copy to put on my sites. check us out myspace.com/subsistsystem

thanks
Corey of Hacial
This thread is over a year old mate. I don't even think any of the people on this thread still post on here any more...
__________________
Underworked, underpaid and under-sexed...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com