DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Pedals

Pedals Discuss Pedals

Old 10-17-2010, 06:46 AM
Silver Member

Default Pearl eliminators or dw9002???

Which are better?
Really they do the exact same thing, both are great chain driven pedals, both are very versitile and have a ton of playing options, but one is twice as much.... why????
Old 10-17-2010, 07:25 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Pearl eliminators or dw9002???

In a bit of a pedal dilemma, mate? I've noticed a couple of threads now.....my best advice? Get out and try everything you can. When getting into high end pedals, one does pretty much the same thing as another. It tends not to be a matter of better or worse, but a matter of preferance. Most high end pedals can be tailored a million different ways for a specific feel.

I wasn't sure either and the only way I found to sort out my options was to go a-playin'. As I stated in your DD thread, I lined a heap up and just buggered around with them taking note of what I liked and eliminating anything I didn't. Only way to decide mate.....give 'em all a workout and then take your pick. It's a far better option than ploughing through the minefield of info. on the net, IMHO......too many "these are the best 'cos I play 'em" responses to really know what YOU'LL like.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Pearl eliminators or dw9002???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post
In a bit of a pedal dilemma, mate? I've noticed a couple of threads now.....my best advice? Get out and try everything you can. When getting into high end pedals, one does pretty much the same thing as another. It tends not to be a matter of better or worse, but a matter of preferance. Most high end pedals can be tailored a million different ways for a specific feel.

I wasn't sure either and the only way I found to sort out my options was to go a-playin'. As I stated in your DD thread, I lined a heap up and just buggered around with them taking note of what I liked and eliminating anything I didn't. Only way to decide mate.....give 'em all a workout and then take your pick. It's a far better option than ploughing through the minefield of info. on the net, IMHO......too many "these are the best 'cos I play 'em" responses to really know what YOU'LL like.
yep well said and very true. YOU need to try them out to see what the differences are and if you feel one is worth more than the other. Everyone here will have an opinion but the only one that matters is yours because you are the one paying for them and playing them.